Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Who Do You Pick to Win Super Bowl 2019?
Patriots by 7 pts or less 32 29.09%
Patriots by 8-14 pts 25 22.73%
Patriots by over 14 pts 4 3.64%
Rams by 7 pts or less 22 20.00%
Rams by 8-14 pts 5 4.55%
Rams by over 14 pts 1 0.91%
I just watch the commercials or halftime event 7 6.36%
other 14 12.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 10:29 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
Patriots by 10.
Irrespective of any past cheating, Brady when all is said and done, will go down as the greatest QB in history.

I can politely disagree, can't I? I believe Bill Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history and that any great quarterback would have succeed in his system. If you would have put Brady with any other coach he would have had a career more like Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. Still a great QB, but not the greatest QB in history. (I'm not a Pats fan by any means, but we have to give credit to where it is due to Coach Belichick).

"We live the lives we lead because of the thoughts we think" ...Michael O’Neill
"We can cannot compel others to do our will" ....Norman Goldman
"There never is shortage of the gullible to accept the illogical"...Anonymous
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2019, 01:58 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I think it is more a testament to their experience in the big game whereas the Rams are newbies by comparison.... I think it will be a great game.
Agreed. I’m rooting for the Pats all the way and just hope the Giants don’t show up again (painful memories). Any given Sunday...

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Old 01-24-2019, 02:09 AM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo2 View Post
I can politely disagree, can't I? I believe Bill Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history and that any great quarterback would have succeed in his system. If you would have put Brady with any other coach he would have had a career more like Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. Still a great QB, but not the greatest QB in history. (I'm not a Pats fan by any means, but we have to give credit to where it is due to Coach Belichick).
Of course, and in polite rebuttal.

I agree Belicheck is one of the greatest coaches in history. Focused, determined, football smart and maybe the best game plan and halftime adjustment coaches in my lifetime. Study the opponent and neutralize their strengths and match our offense for the week to exploit their weaknesses. If the first half doesn’t go well, the Pats will play a different game in the second half like few other teams.

But Brady’s longevity is his own. His fierce determination, competitiveness, and dedication to the game are his own. The chip on his shoulder about being drafted late is his own. But most of all IMHO, Brady (and Belicheck) has worked with dozens and dozens of relative unknown running backs and receivers over the years, and seemed to find a way to make it work. He’s had very few superstar marquee offensive weapons, and the few that he’s had have been traded after a few seasons (presumably when they got too expensive). And Brady has to start over again with new running backs and receivers, yet they’ve gone to more conference championships and SB’s than almost any other team. I won’t argue whether he’s the GOAT or not (if Montana had played as many years...), but I do believe he’s greater than Rodgers and Manning - as exceptional as they are/were.

Brady was a giddy about finding a way to beat the Chiefs last Sunday as a rookie QB. If you watch him on the sidelines when the Pats are behind, he’s just as fired up today as he was 18 years ago if not more. He enjoys every TD and every win as much as ever. DW and I love it when other fans and media critics say Tom’s washed up, or the Pats aren’t as good anymore or after a bad loss - it just makes Tom that much more determined.

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Old 01-24-2019, 04:40 AM   #44
gone traveling

Saw a several second video of Coach Belicheck getting very emotional taking about the great memories when being an assistant with the Giants. He loved it there he said. The Giants fans miss you and it would be an extreme honor and privilege to give you the best homecoming possible if you want to come back home!
Old 01-24-2019, 05:16 AM   #45
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo2 View Post
The eternal debate - is it Brady, or is it Belichick?

Fortunately for Pats fans, we get to enjoy Brady, Belichick, and Kraft too!
Old 01-24-2019, 05:54 AM   #46
Dryer sheet aficionado

Whoever has the ball last. Pats by 3.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:54 AM   #47
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick12 View Post
Saw a several second video of Coach Belicheck getting very emotional taking about the great memories when being an assistant with the Giants. He loved it there he said. The Giants fans miss you and it would be an extreme honor and privilege to give you the best homecoming possible if you want to come back home!

Oh you are a giant fan, all I'll say is you got LUCKY - Helmet catch and Asante dropping the dam interception
Old 01-24-2019, 06:02 AM   #48
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by f35phixer View Post
Oh you are a giant fan, all I'll say is you got LUCKY - Helmet catch and Asante dropping the dam interception
Laughing and celebrating for days. Have a good one.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:38 AM   #49

Quote:
So now you don't have a problem with the cheating coach that "steals signs from the other team" as long as he coaches your team
Old 01-24-2019, 06:41 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeea View Post
The eternal debate - is it Brady, or is it Belichick?

Fortunately for Pats fans, we get to enjoy Brady, Belichick, and Kraft too!
+1000.

Glad we have all of them. They made the last 20 years extremely enjoyable.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:41 AM   #51
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
So now you don't have a problem with the cheating coach that "steals signs from the other team" as long as he coaches your team
He got caught but others did not. He still is a talented coach.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:45 AM   #52

Quote:
He got caught but others did not. He still is a talented coach.
So now you agree that every team cheats....Made my point.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #53
Recycles dryer sheets

The Patriots will win the game. The media and NFL will win financially by having the two major market teams play each other.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #54

Quote:
Pats are a bunch of cheaters whether the coach is stealing signs from the other team or Brady in the deflate gate scandal. Winning by cheating.

WOW! We got SIX posts in before someone accused the Pats of cheating!!!

Pats by 8+
Old 01-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #55
Give me a forum ...

The refs will over-correct and make calls biased against the Rams because of the last game leading to a small victory for NE.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #56
Give me a forum ...

All you people favoring my Pats are scaring me. I was expecting a Pats beat-down here as the NE perception is that the rest of the country hates the Pats.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #57

Pats win. Rams have to overcome their own big three knuckleheads: Suh, Peters and Talib all who tend to get hit with big-yardage yard penalties. And, who knows what's really going on with Gurley? All this will be hard to over-come facing the great(est) quarterback and the great(est) coach.

But, here's hoping: GO RAMS!!!
Old 01-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #58
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
All you people favoring my Pats are scaring me. I was expecting a Pats beat-down here as the NE perception is that the rest of the country hates the Pats.
Accurate statement.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #59
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm rooting for a game that's decided by the winning teams athletic performance.

Not the zebras.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #60
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34rlsa View Post
I'm rooting for a game that's decided by the winning teams athletic performance.

Not the zebras.
Zebras had to move to another hotel after the game when the Saints fans found out where they were staying at. TRU DAT!!!
Closed Thread