nm

Re: My 1 on 1 with a US Congressman - Social Secur

Let's hope the debate rages on for a while.

Thinking of taking early SS in August - with auto deduct to Vanguard er ah ?Wellesley? - before the line, run on the bank gets too bad!

heh, heh, heh.

Look to British history - I believe their problems, 'rough patch,' started in the 70's.

We already have the 'back door tax' on SS. I expect the Roth loophole will be closed if the going gets rough.

Re: My 1 on 1 with a US Congressman - Social Security

First!!!

Unclemick2 - I signed up in Feb for SS @ 62 - will get my first SS check on May 27!

JohnP

Be 62 less than 2 weeks. Signed up for early ss; was told by the local yokel that I would get it 3rd week in July. Looked on the SSA site yesterday and checked on it. Site told me no decision has been made on my application. Gonna call them tomorrow, although they're probably just slow.

JohnP said:
I signed up in Feb for SS @ 62 - will get my first SS check on May 27!

I'm retiring on May 27 :D and hope to be getting my first SS check in only 2,954 1,311 days! (DW has almost 3K days, not me. Never thought about this when I went for a younger woman!)

REW

REWanabe said:
I'm retiring on May 27 
I still remember when I got to under 30 days.

You're pretty much retired already, I suspect!

Congrats!

dory36 said:
You're pretty much retired already, I suspect!

Congrats!

Thanks Dory. And yes, I'm definitely at the RIP stage (Retired In Place). Or as I like to say, I have the highest morale of any employee in the company and I dare anyone to try to get this smile off my face. :D And the fact that I was asked to delay my retirement 30 days in return for an extra two weeks pay is (almost) priceless!

Having less than 30 days to go is very liberating. I strongly recommend it to all you other posters.

Hmmmm... After May 27 will I have to chage my name from REWanabe to REIis?

REW

A major new feature of the new software is that you can change from REWanabe to REhahaha by merely going to your profile and making the change. You don't have to create a new ID.

Just for you!

dory36 said:
A major new feature of the new software is that you can change from REWanabe to REhahaha by merely going to your profile and making the change. You don't have to create a new ID.

Just for you!

I don't know what we're paying you, but whatever it is it isn't enough! ;)

REW

REWanabe said:
I don't know what we're paying you, but whatever it is it isn't enough! ;)

REW

I specifically remember never hearing that from an employer... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom