nm

Re: Need a Guru on creating DVDs.....

Cut-Throat said:
I've got a DVD Burner. It is the -R format. - Is it possible to create a DVD on my computer that will play on a regular DVD player hooked to a TV?

I have a Windows Media Audio Video File that I would like to make a DVD of.

Look up your player here to see if it will work with -R disks.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

Cut-Throat said:
I have a Windows Media Audio Video File that I would like to make a DVD of.
Hunh, I expected at least two other posters to demand screen shots before they'd decide whether or not to answer your question...

Your DVD player *might* recognize a -R, but it probably won't recognize a WMA file. You'll need to recode it. Do you have Nero or something similar?

What you'll find eventually is that you really want a media center connected directly to your TV. And then you'll have a new hobby. :)

Most dvd players will play a computer created dvd. Oddly, the cheapest ones are more likely. Some pretty high end units have custom built dvd transports that are realllly finicky and wont read the computer based ones. I have about 10 and only one of them wont do it.

You need a product such as sonic dvd creator or the nero dvd maker software. That will take in your windows media file and press it to dvd, allowing you to create dvd menu's and so forth. Figure for a decent powered machine, about one hour of transcoding per 15-20 minutes of video. Then 5-20 minutes to burn depending on the speed of your dvd burner.

If this is on your sony laptop, it should have come with a dvd authoring package.

:LOL:

Yeah, he'd have to run a completely differently named piece of software on that box, and after the slot loading dvd drive jammed up 15 minutes out of warranty, he'd be wondering why he paid extra again...

If it were a QuickTime (or AVI) video: free software (iMovie). 1.) drag and drop; 2.) burn.

run awaaaay..!

BMJ, you may not be aware of it but there's rabbit for dinner to-nite!

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Most dvd players will play a computer created dvd. Oddly, the cheapest ones are more likely. Some pretty high end units have custom built dvd transports that are realllly finicky and wont read the computer based ones. I have about 10 and only one of them wont do it.

You need a product such as sonic dvd creator or the nero dvd maker software. That will take in your windows media file and press it to dvd, allowing you to create dvd menu's and so forth. Figure for a decent powered machine, about one hour of transcoding per 15-20 minutes of video. Then 5-20 minutes to burn depending on the speed of your dvd burner.

If this is on your sony laptop, it should have come with a dvd authoring package.

OK, I did it! - Success!

I searched around on my computer and reloaded an Application called Click to DVD (Sony) and then went through a procedure a finally created a DVD.

In my naivete, I though I could just and drop the Movie file and Burn away! :confused:

Thanks for the Help! - I had no trouble playing the DVD after creating it properly!

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Surely you jest...

Nope! - I have never fooled with this stuff Before. :-\

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom