No More TV?

mountaintosea

Full time employment: Posting here.
I went to my usual sites today and found that the US gov. has seized them. They were live streaming from different parts of the US. They had the usual commercials etc. Will this cause me to sign up for cable and buy a TV? NO! What the heck! I got rid of my TV in the early 80s when it went capput! There aren't that many channels up here without cable. I decided to do without. Then came the Internet revolution. I bought my first computer in 2000 after the y2k scare was over. I had dial up until 2007 when I retired. Then I found DSL could be cheap. So I switched. Then I found these Internet sites with live stream. So I watch these sites with a computer rather than a TV:confused: Mostly what I could get from these sites was NBC, CBS, ABC. Big deal!
These people are idiots. God forbid I should watch their programs and their stupid commercials! Fine now I won't watch them at all! Idiots! LOL :nonono:

U.S. Resume Controversial File-Sharing Domain Seizures (Updated) | TorrentFreak

I'm watching Al Jazeera instead. Probably more informative anyway.:)

No doubt the cable and satellite companies are hoping the FCC and other government authorities implement their proposals to take all the free over the air bandwidth away from broadcast free TV so it all has to be distributed by pay services.

In Europe you must pay a tax to watch TV - and here in Germany they have people who come and check to see that if you have a set-up and are paying. I know that in the UK, you must pay a tax for access to TV signals. So, yes, the internet is great, however, it is not the norm in many places for free access to TV signals.....

I'm not trying to be contrary, and frankly I'm much more American in my expectations/attitudes, however, I've learned that not all things are marketed/available as they are in the USA.

Darn good rant, mountaintosea. I agree with you completely.

I myself have digital cable as part of a larger package (security, Internet, fire monitoring, telephone), so I do not seek other cable TV sources. It may not be the cheapest solution, but it is one of the greatest convenience for me out here in da boondocks. YMMV :cool:

I love commercials. I never buy any of their products, they're easily removed with a DVR, and they bring me a lot of content I wouldn't normally have. :)

Thanks for the additional sites. I found my sites again.:) So I'll see what happens. Usually I can watch the shows I like the next day on other sites with either really short commercials (Hulu) or none at all. But there are some things I like to watch live streaming like sports etc. I was really annoyed that day. But was able to find the same sites again after watching Al Jazeera for a while.

Back
Top Bottom