Now Bush wants a summit on school gun violence next week, Geesh,

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Gimmie a break, put the police in schools with guns. At least when the efin wacko attacks the school the kids have a fighting chance. But politicians are gonna grandstand. Face it the humans have cracked!

newguy888 said:
Gimmie a break, put the police in schools with guns. At least when the efin wacko attacks the school the kids have a fighting chance. But politicians are gonna grandstand. Face it the humans have cracked!

How long until you retire? Have you spoken to the doc about sedatives?

The solution is to issue and require mandatory sidearms for all elementary school children. ;)

MasterBlaster said:
The solution is to issue and require mandatory sidearms for all elementary school children. ;)

Good thinking. I suggest you stay under.38 cal. (for their itty bitty
hands). Also, stick with hollowpoint ammo as that will do the most damage at close range. :)

Seriously though, the politicians can talk and posture
all they want. Most of the shooters seem willing to die and the world
is full of seriously sick people, so this sort of carnage is hard to combat.

JG

MasterBlaster said:

Might be a bit of a problem for the pacifist Amish...

Mr._johngalt said:
Good thinking. I suggest you stay under.38 cal. (for their itty bitty
hands). Also, stick with hollowpoint ammo as that will do the most damage at close range. :)

Seriously though, the politicians can talk and posture
all they want. Most of the shooters seem willing to die and the world
is full of seriously sick people, so this sort of carnage is hard to combat.

JG

Soon maybe we could all have guns and all kill each other. Remember one can never have enough guns. Right JG!

I think Bush is trying to change the subject from ______________ (you fill in the line).

73ss454 said:
Soon maybe we could all have guns and all kill each other. Remember one can never have enough guns. Right JG!

You know it brother!

JG

brewer12345 said:

They like to hunt & most own guns.

The solution is to issue and require mandatory sidearms for all elementary school children.

Bows and arrows, then.

-------------

There is an obvious solution, but I'm not going to open that can of worms.

Now, T-Al... :p

Attachments

• heston.jpg
    heston.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 3
  • heston.jpg_thumb
    16 KB · Views: 0
Khan said:
They like to hunt & most own guns.

Sure, but assuming the take their pacifism seriously, I don't imagine you will catch them shooting a person.

As a teacher, it is not something that keeps me up at night any more than I worry about being bitten by a rattler out back. Statistically, it's insignificant. Splashy, juicy headline sound-bites, full page picture of horse and buggy folks... sure I understand the buzz. I'd be lying though if I didn't admit a low level background feeling or awareness at times. I've taken replica weapons off kids and I've worked with shooters and those who've been shot, survivors and others that ended up dead. I have no illusions about urban violence, in school or out. I don't pretend to have any realistic solutions to social problems. I do my best for positve effects one person at a time and hope it ripples outward.

wow.. "Stand and Deliver"..

Thanks, ronin!

I mean that sincerely! I was just having the nth e-mail left-wing/right-wing exchange with sis about school sex ed. I can't imagine the problems of teaching school today. I feel as though somehow I grew up in a golden era where all these things weren't a big problem.

ladelfina said:
I feel as though somehow I grew up in a golden era where all these things weren't a big problem.

Me too. Recently I am seeing so many kids with emotional/psychological problems. Really serious stuff, OCD, anxiety disorders, heavy social avoidance. Sometimes I find out way too much. I'd guess these kinds of things have always existed, but now there is a lot of pressure to recover lost attendance and those who might have slipped through the cracks are being chased down and referred to alternative programs like mine.

ronin said:
Me too. Recently I am seeing so many kids with emotional/psychological problems. Really serious stuff, OCD, anxiety disorders, heavy social avoidance. Sometimes I find out way too much. I'd guess these kinds of things have always existed, but now there is a lot of pressure to recover lost attendance and those who might have slipped through the cracks are being chased down and referred to alternative programs like mine.

Been teaching almost 30 years cannot wait to be done. THE PARENTS yes THE WORTHLESS parents have done more harm to the children of america than any teacher.

What I have seen transpire over the past 10 years is just amaaaazing! Parents who have no clue!

You need a license to drive get married but any fool can get pregnant!

newguy.. just running over this ground with sis.. she's "outraged" about certain sex pamplhets distributed in schools. I say, if they are having sex at 11 (!!!) you can't exactly close the barn door after the horse is gone. Besides, in some high schools (thanks to the religious right) it's verboten to even show the human reproductive system, apparently.

An article here (http://www.post-gazette.com/lifestyle/20030914teensexlifestyle1p1.asp) says that 1/2 the kids start getting their freak on at unsupervised parties.. of 14-year-olds! I say, haul the parents in! If every school had MANDATORY sex ed seminars.. for the PARENTS.. before their kids could even ENROLL in public school we might be able to reduce this. If such a thing is hosted at some kid's house, suspend the kid and make the parent feel the pain.. Too many parents seem to give their kids over to the school system expecting the schools to solve all their problems.. they themselves don't wanna know.

ladelfina said:
Besides, in some high schools (thanks to the religious right) it's verboten to even show the human reproductive system, apparently.

Yeah. Besides, banning Harry Potter books from the school library is far more important than sex ed...

newguy888 said:
Been teaching almost 30 years cannot wait to be done. THE PARENTS yes THE WORTHLESS parents have done more harm to the children of america than any teacher.

One case out of many... had a 15 yr old girl student, pregnant, depressed, living in a motel w/mom and mom's boyfriend, doing her homework in the bathroom because mom is smoking PCP in the room w/her squeeze. She eventually dropped out and I never found out any more about her. Sad.

Yes, very sad news lately.

I wonder if anyone will have the brains to notice that "gun free school zones" contribute to this insanity. Nah.

Charles said:
I wonder if anyone will have the brains to notice that "gun free school zones" contribute to this insanity. Nah.
Yeah, teachers would really watch their irresponsible use of homework assignments if they knew their students were packin' heat.

It brings a whole new meaning to the term "student critique".

Nords said:
Yeah, teachers would really watch their irresponsible use of homework assignments if they knew their students were packin' heat.

Don't be ridiculous. Here's a much better idea: Wisconsin lawmaker wants teachers to carry guns

REW, who isn't sure being referred to as a "research ferret" is an insult or a compliment...

Does anyone see a sort of macro-problem that has spilled out from the Middle East edge and is now here, domestically? There's been a recent increase in deranged men killing innocent children, taking the lives of the most innocent in a place, supposedly, of great safety, our schools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

I'm certainly not saying cause-effect. But could some correlation be creeping in somehow, that frustrated, warped individuals see no other outlet for their anger but those who . . . least deserve it. Is this possible?

REWahoo! said:
Don't be ridiculous. Here's a much better idea: Wisconsin lawmaker wants teachers to carry guns
"And so, students, welcome to my class, where I can assure you there will be no sleeping!"

REWahoo! said:
, who isn't sure being referred to as a "research ferret" is an insult or a compliment...
Well, Scott Adams has turned "weasel" into such a pejorative term and "mole" is already gone... what else are we supposed to use? Badgers? Bunnies? Prairie dogs? Meerkats?

I think most people could learn alot from the reaction of the Amish. They mourned without anger.

Back
Top Bottom