Join Early Retirement Today

Now that is funny--homeowner forecloses on bank
Old 06-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Now that is funny--homeowner forecloses on bank

Bank of America Gets Pad Locked After Homeowner Forecloses On It | digtriad.com

Now I have to admit I laughed out loud when I read this article--the irony was just too much. I can just see that bank manager scrambling and making a few frantic phone calls up the ladder!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #2

Justice doesn't get much sweeter than that.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Man bites dog.
oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
After about an hour of being locked out of the bank, the bank manager handed the attorney a check for the legal fees.
I would have demanded a cashier check drawn on another bank . After all BAC's balance sheet has lots of dubious loans.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Not me, cash only. Oh, did that get picked up by the sheriff's guys, unlucky.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
Administrator

Reminds me of an incident that happened here about 20 years ago. Some guy won a judgment against the railroad, but they wouldn't pay him. So he had the sheriff seize one of their locomotives while it was sitting in the local switchyard. They paid up pronto after that.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I would have demanded a cashier check drawn on another bank . After all BAC's balance sheet has lots of dubious loans.
Speaking of dubious loans, yesterday we got a four-page letter telling us that our BAC mortgage servicing is being transferred from "our subsidiary, BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP, to our parent company Bank of America, N.A.".

That's all they really had to say, but they went on for four pages of explanations of what this means.

In a first-class snail-mail letter.

They have my e-mail address.

I hope you BAC shareholders are getting better dividends these days. I feel as if I got the more profitable end of this deal...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Sweeeet!
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #9

There should be some type of procedure that ensures a case has been researched thoroughly before foreclosure proceedings can begin.

This article gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside

Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Yes, I like it! As a business, this is their area of expertise and they should be held to a high standard. I hope the people got more than just lawyer's fees, they should be entitled to something for their time and aggravation.

Question for the Law Enforcement types on the forum:

I was a little surprised that the deputies seemed to go out whole hog on this (ready with the moving trucks and everything). It must seem odd to foreclose on a bank in this way? Is this a routine response for them, or were they also having some fun 'sticking it to the man'?

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #11

Wow, that was sweet revenge!

I wonder if the bank is now rethinking their policy or doing some retraining. Maybe something like "Responding to legal notices 101".
powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #12

Fortune magazine is reporting that they sampled some example foreclosures done by BofA and 104 out of 104 were faulty and not properly securitized, which should have prevented them from being foreclosed. Could be a lot of legal retraining is needed at BofA.

At Bank of America, more incomplete mortgage docs raise more questions - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blog Term Sheet
growing_older is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
Speaking of dubious loans, yesterday we got a four-page letter telling us that our BAC mortgage servicing is being transferred from "our subsidiary, BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP, to our parent company Bank of America, N.A.".

That's all they really had to say, but they went on for four pages of explanations of what this means.

In a first-class snail-mail letter.

They have my e-mail address.

I hope you BAC shareholders are getting better dividends these days. I feel as if I got the more profitable end of this deal...
I got at same notice the othe day, but in an email.

It's possible that, though they have your email address, you have not selected to receive all communications electronically...
arebelspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #14

How companies were ranked - MSN Money

BAC made it on the bottom 10 list in a recent customer service rating. With no surprise, my "favorites", Comcast and ATT also made the list.
KingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB View Post
BAC made it on the bottom 10 list in a recent customer service rating. With no surprise, my "favorites", Comcast and ATT also made the list.
I'm switching from Comcast to ATT for tv+internet. I've also decided to start hitting my shin with a hammer and stop hitting my arm.
Webzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

So, moving from Iowa to Seattle we switched from Mediacom to Comcast.

I understand the hate toward Comcast, but it doesn't really compare. Mediacom is the same price, slower service, more outages, and worse customer service, and everyone from Iowa hates them.

So right now, we're happier with Comcast

Status: Saving. Started in Oct 2011, I am ~9 months ahead of where I expected to be and about ~3 months ahead of my desired schedule.
studbucket is offline   Reply With Quote