Now, this is the way to retire!

"Mr. Slater, why are you smiling?" :D

I actually feel sorry for the flight attendant. I know it is his job to be pleasant to the customers, however it can't be easy dealing with arse-twats every day who have a sense of entitlement and who choose to ignore instructions from the crew. I can imagine his actions came from years of pent up anger at having to put up with crap from customers.

What peeves me here, is there doesn't seem to be any comeback against the idiot who started this whole mess.

I have a lot of sympathy with hard-pressed, underpaid customer service staff in general, and had this story been about a city tour guide or a McDonald's employee, I would find it hilarious.

But I'm not sure if I want to be on a plane with a cabin attendant who is so close to losing it totally. When there's a bumpy landing, I want someone as calm and unruffled as possible to help me out of the burning aircraft, and to wait until all the passengers are off before he goes himself. (He can, however, curse at me as much as he wants during this process; he can be sure that I will be going completely nuts!)

Two thoughts - first - expectations for civility of planes is too high - they are really flying city buses.

The elimination of large carry on bags would help greatly. I traveled from LA to Australia and I was only allowed a small carry on bag. The overhead bins were mostly empty. Getting on and off the plane was much faster and the people were less harried since they weren't worried about finding a place in the overhead bins for all their carry on luggage.

It looks like an outrageous stunt and I'm wondering if he had it planned since it said he slid down the emergency chute and then drove away in his parked car. Pretty convenient I would say and it will be interesting to find out what his future career options will be.

It looks like an outrageous stunt and I'm wondering if he had it planned since it said he slid down the emergency chute and then drove away in his parked car. Pretty convenient I would say and it will be interesting to find out what his future career options will be.

I would not be surprised to find out he won the lottery yesterday, or some other FU money.

I don't think anyone is condoning his actions, but a lot of us have some empathy for him. And we're probably a bit jealous, too. My exit from MegaCorp was not this dramatic!

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom