Obituary of a committed team fan

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
A classy response to a situation that could have been a PR mishap. The Columbus Dispatch prints the obituary of Scott E. Entsminger, a “lifelong Cleveland Browns fan” and includes a request from the recently deceased
He respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time
The Browns response
Cleveland Browns spokesman Zak Gilbert told NewsChannel5 Sports the team has reached out to his widow Pat to offer the team's condolences.

She informed the team that his favorite player was Hall of Famer Lou Groza. The team will present the Entsminger family with a number 76 jersey at the memorial service.
Obit Scott E. Entsminger Obituary: View Scott Entsminger's Obituary by The Columbus Dispatch
Response Cleveland Browns to honor fan who wanted players as pallbearers to 'let him down' one last time

There is hope. In 2003 one could have said the same thing about the Boston Red Sox who perennially let us down.

This is funny/sweet/sad.

Thanks for sharing.

"He respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time".

The Browns are pretty good at that. It said in the article that the Browns will not commit any players to be pall bearers because nobody is in town. Training camp doesn't start until July 25th. You would think that some players could suck it up and show up for a few hours (at least for PRs sake).

Back
Top Bottom