Oh Canada!

The reason I know that Canada is a great place to be from because a great grandfather, whose own ancestors snuck into Canada from France, snuck over the border into New England. They were all most talented in one hellbent misguided way or another.

I've been to only Montreal, about 20 years ago, and much enjoyed it.

I've been reading a police/mystery series by Louise Penny set in the fictional Canadian town of Three Pines, so well-written and the descriptions make me want to move in above the bakery!

Some of my Irish ancestors came over in the early 19th century, and stopped off in Nova Scotia for about three generations before moving on to Maryland and beyond.

Another plus for Canada is that NS lobsters make those famous Maine lobstahs look puny.

Canada beauty:
Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, Morraine Lake are all incredible.

Canadian artists:
Robert Service poems including The Cremation of Sam McGee. Love that poem.
Gordon Lightfoot, Carefree Highway, Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Let's not forget the estimable Prof. Moshe Milevsky.

Love knowing Canada's there. Wonderful country and people. I'd be very happy to live there if things didn't work out for us here. In fact, might be happy to live there even if things did work out here in the US of A.

Last edited:
Love knowing Canada's there. Wonderful country and people. I'd be very happy to live there if things didn't work out here for us here. In fact, might be happy to live there even if things did work out here in the US of A.
True. If canada weren't there, Russia likely would be. Russia has more interesting food, but other than that I'd take Canada.

Ha

I live less than 45 minutes from the border. I only been to Canada a couple of times since 9/11 - mostly due to the thuggish border guards - on our side of the border. :blush:

Canada beauty:
Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, Morraine Lake are all incredible.

Being from Canada and having been many times to Banff & Jasper I concurr. There is another hidden gem in the Canadian Rockies, the Lake O'Hara area in Yoho National Park. Just past Lake Louise into British Columbia. Expensive lodge, pricy dorm style hut(s) or cheap not so primitive camp ground. Try it, you'll like it. I stumbled into the opportunuty to go up there 10 years ago. Tenth trip would have been this summer except for DW's health issue.

My only experience with actually being in Canada is the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. It's much nicer and more stuff to do than on the American side. I don't know why that is, but it is. Only been there once, on official work related business in 2007, for a week. I plan to return with the wife after I retire.

The reason I know that Canada is a great place to be from because a great grandfather, whose own ancestors snuck into Canada from France..
And many folks from the U.S. went there in the 60's, mostly those without a draft deferment :facepalm: ...

If anyone wants to drop by Toronto Ontario Canada, I'll buy ya a beer.

Nuff Said!

toronto-canada.jpg

If anyone wants to drop by Toronto Ontario Canada, I'll buy ya a beer.

Oh, sure. NOW you make the invitation!

Oh well, I had a really nice visit to your city in July, and some good beer too, at C'est What.

Back
Top Bottom