Oh Wow! American Pharoah!

Amen, first time in years when I have made it a point to catch all three races.

Well, after the last triple crown winner the markets raced forward and never looked back.

The local track was absolutely packed today. The chance of a triple crown definitely brought the people out.:dance:

I missed watching the race live, but here it is on youtube

Thanks, freebird5825. I planned on watching the race and then forgot all about it. Seems like I got all wrapped in the "Mild Dementia" thread.

We were at a friend's annual Belmont party and everyone was rooting for a new triple crown winner. Great stuff. I hope that we don't have to go another 37 years before we get another one.

Two of my in-laws were diehard race fans and would host derby day parties every year. Had a season box at Saratoga raceway and donated a lot of historical memorabilia to the race museum in Saratoga. Unfortunately the last of them passed away back in January at age 90, but I know they would have been delighted to see another triple crown winner.

I'm not a big horse racing fan, and didn't have any money on the race, but I did watch it live. It was an exciting ~2 & 1/2 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm glad American Pharoah won. The only time for pause was out of the starting gate.

Last edited:
To continue the quote: :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I (as many) have been waiting a long time for another Triple Crown Winner and have to say I was as excited as a little kid:dance:

Didn't beat Secretariat's time but still…he ran awesome races in all three legs of the Triple Crown.!!

Been hooked on the Triple Crown races since Secretariat's run in '73. Love watching them even more now with my buddy Herman (dachshund). He gets so excited when I start saying "come on 5", "let's go 5!!!", I guess he can sense the excitement in my tone and starts howling away :)

Back
Top Bottom