Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Oh dear. I go to my in-laws for a few hours and the inmates take charge...
It's a f#&%ing homerun...

...not doing anything of true substance...
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #42
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
not that i could personally give a, um, rat's ass, just curious why all the hypocrite sodomizers aren't screaming for this thread to be tossed into the soap box.

rant over. carry on.
The mods are welcome to do that, maybe they think it's not political enough.

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
Looking at the pic it becomes obvious how Notmuchlonger got his name.
WOW, you guys are killin' me..............

Old 08-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
Looking at the pic it becomes obvious how Notmuchlonger got his name.
I know. If I keep eating so much I wont have much longer
Old 08-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
maybe they think it's not political enough.
got it. well, i suppose that's what comes when typical cowards and those who surprisingly cower from them politicize even what is inherently scientific or medical as a way to hedge the hegemony of the heterosexual on every possible front & forum.

no offense meant to either the o.p., nor to ha, nor to others enjoying (maybe not polite but at least) light conversation, but this is just too convenient a place to pass the opportunity to protest what is inherently just the butt of a joke.

so here's some politicking for ya: SODOMYLAWS.ORG

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
Old 08-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

So funny NML!

For others of us to enjoy, I looked for a photo of the US men's swimming relay team cheering at the end of the pool as I saw in this morning's paper, but I couldn't get through all the photos posted here:

Olympic eye candy -- chicagotribune.com

but Ha and others might enjoy some of them too

PS--I see that the map posted just above this post, when I went to the website, carries a note, which is a good thing imho: The sodomy law map below is prior to Lawrence v. Texas. All states are now white, ie the sodomy laws are unconstitutional and unenforceable.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Natalie's a real cutie:

Old 08-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Natalie's a real cutie:

Natalie was on the cover of my alumni magazine a few years ago, it took me close to a year before I finally threw it out :-). In addition to swimming great, and looking good Natalie is a real sweetheart, with a brain
Old 08-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #49
gone traveling

Quote:
got it. well, i suppose that's what comes when typical cowards and those who surprisingly cower from them politicize even what is inherently scientific or medical as a way to hedge the hegemony of the heterosexual on every possible front & forum.

no offense meant to either the o.p., nor to ha, nor to others enjoying (maybe not polite but at least) light conversation, but this is just too convenient a place to pass the opportunity to protest what is inherently just the butt of a joke.

so here's some politicking for ya: SODOMYLAWS.ORG

Thanks for the map! Looks like Big Wonderful Wyoming is OK with sodomy. And I was so confused about it before.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

FD and LGFNB:

Political posts go in the soapbox. This thread isn't political. Headline news for discussion goes in the soapbox. This thread isn't headline news, though it is close.

LBFNB, your parade pictures also were not political nor headline news so they stayed in other topics no matter the attempt by others to have it moved. However, a news article about sex, whether straight, gay, bi or trans, would go in the soapbox.

Just because this thread ended up in other topics does not mean that it has any redeeming value. Just because a thread ends up in the soapbox does not mean that it is worthless.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Old 08-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
FD and LGFNB:
Headline news for discussion goes in the soapbox. This thread isn't headline news, though it is close.
Breaking news perhaps, but headline?

Only if I am with CNN.

Quote:
Just because this thread ended up in other topics does not mean that it has any redeeming value. Just because a thread ends up in the soapbox does not mean that it is worthless.
I would love to know the redeeming value of 85% of the threads on here! The redeeming value of this board for us posters is entertainment, and for the owner cash flow, and for the moderators who knows?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
martha, i appreciate the kindness with which the parade picture posturing was championed by the mods. my other thread was most certainly not, however, headline news, nor was it about sexuality in any other manner than sociological. in fact, i don't recall a single newspaper carrying that "news". it was an article from the scientific america magazine; outside of ramifications of the objectively observable findings, hardly a matter of debate, just like this silly thread is hardly a matter of debate.

and that is the only point i am, sadly, debating here. that practically anything can be politicized. whether it is a scientific article about gay behavior in animal populations, a medical article about aids or a fun thread about hetero fetish.

i do admit to a prejudice against the soapbox which i avoid but in light of your words will work on my own feelings towards that while i further study how i feel about the ease with which anything gay can be politicized but how much effort it takes to turn the same table on straights and how i feel about living in that world.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
It was difficult taking that pic, the subject kept moving..........
I'm just glad she's from a six-letter country and not "Khazakstan" or "Trinidad and Tobago" or "The Democratic People's Republic of Korea"...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #54

Quote:
not that i could personally give a, um, rat's ass, just curious why all the hypocrite sodomizers aren't screaming for this thread to be tossed into the soap box.

rant over. carry on.
Ah, on this one, I'd have to disagree with you. You'd be lucky if you get to go there with these hotties. Despite popular belief that the French and Greek Salad are becoming popular with most women, they are not that popular, at least not without a lot of wine first.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:58 PM   #55
Give me a forum ...

Hey guys, let's keep this thread alive! Yay Olympics!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #56

I cant get over how aerodynamic those helmets are!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #57
Full time employment: Posting here.

I was trying to decide whether I would want her to take the helmet off or leave it on. I finally decided that it could be her choice.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:51 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarksnakes View Post
I was trying to decide whether I would want her to take the helmet off or leave it on. I finally decided that it could be her choice.
Safety first. Sometimes things can get rough..
Old 08-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #59
Give me a forum ...

A set of over-sized "lungs" is a competitive advantage!

Not bad for the voyeurs spectators, either...

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 08-15-2008, 10:06 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
A set of over-sized "lungs" is a competitive advantage!
Not bad for the voyeurs spectators, either...
I'm surprised that Nike missed the easy "swoosh" logo opportunity...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Closed Thread