Online purchase question

I've generally had pretty good luck dealing with people in similar situations. I used to do a fair amount of Ebay buying & selling, and while I did have a few slower payers, there was just one guy in Houston, a realtor, who gave me the impression that shipping me the silver commemorative coin set that I had already paid him for (around $200 or so) just really wasn't a priority. After a couple of months of waiting & emailing back & forth, I told him that unfortunately for him I had his name, business adress and other pertinent info, plus since I was only a few short hrs away in Louisiana, I had no problem with coming down & paying him a visit in person. I had my merchandise quickly after that. Otherwise, based on my experience, I'd have no problems doing the transaction. However, I would make sure I have verifiable proof of who and where he is.

I'm bummed I'm not in Texas right now! We're having serious winter already in Chicago.

We spent extended Xmas holidays the past two years on Lake LBJ chasing bass around in 50f to 70f temps. The locals down there apparently think that's too cold to fish since we were typically the only boat in sight and all the $million homes seemed abandoned.......

Next time you are in the area this time of year, instead of LBJ, you might consider driving east over to Fayette County, TX, specifically Fayette County Lake. It's a hot-water discharge type power plant lake that is well known for producing fat, scrappy bass that are perfectly happy to feed voraciously in the much warmer water. I used to live a few miles from there, and can testify Fayette's worth the visit. There's also a power plant lake in Bastrop, TX as well as right there in Austin...Lake Walter E. Long. They are both good places to fish in the winter, but Fayette's the best by far!;)

That's a really nice thing to have, Martha. And I'm glad the on-line ordering thing worked out for you!

Next time you are in the area this time of year, instead of LBJ, you might consider driving east over to Fayette County, TX, specifically Fayette County Lake. It's a hot-water discharge type power plant lake that is well known for producing fat, scrappy bass that are perfectly happy to feed voraciously in the much warmer water. I used to live a few miles from there, and can testify Fayette's worth the visit. There's also a power plant lake in Bastrop, TX as well as right there in Austin...Lake Walter E. Long. They are both good places to fish in the winter, but Fayette's the best by far!;)

Thanks for the tip!

Sadly, we're not going down this year. We did make the trip the past two winters and enjoyed it very much. But it looks like it's snow shovels and boots for us this winter!

Generally, fishing was pretty good on Lake LBJ. But we're always ready to try the next hot spot!

Back
Top Bottom