Only in Texas....

I was going to mention the State Fair... but it was in the article...

His deep-fried beer will be officially unveiled in a fried food competition at the Texas state fair later this month.

And last years winner was...

Last year's winner of the Texas state fair fried food competition was a recipe for deep-fried butter.

And where do you think deep fried ice cream came from:confused:

It sounds bizarre but I bet it has plenty of folks willing to have a try of it. If I see it at the Texas Rennaisance this Fall I'll be sure to buy some :cool:

Five ravioli-like pieces will sell for $5 (£3) and the Texas Alcoholic Commission has already ruled that people must be aged over 21 to try it.

I am somehow picturing the attorney (who won that lawsuit for the lady with the McDonald's coffee cup in her lap) attending the TX State Fair. :nonono:

Our NY State Fair is going on right now. It's been too hot to go and face the crowds. I usually go every other year, so this is my off year.

Is it low in trans fats and carbs??

In a candy store near my office I recently saw something that made my stomach lurch...a chocolate covered twinkie and also chocolate covered bacon. Bleh.

I visted Texas for the first time in February (Houston) and loved the food. We had really good Mexican (unavailable here, good I mean), excellent Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese, and truly superb seafood.

Back
Top Bottom