Ooops! Just Deleted the Recovery Partition

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got this refurbished Dell laptop from Tigerdirect, and Tiger did a really good job as the laptop looked almost brand new.

But in my effort to install, make image copies, restore, I accidentally delete the Dell recovery partition :facepalm:

I can survive with that partition, but now I can't hit those PF keys to restore the computer to the factory settings. :(

I have a laptop with that recover option but it is wasted on me since I would have absolutely no clue on to do a restore from that sector.

The only real plan I'd have to restore back to factory settings is if I sold the laptop and can say the computer is just the way as when purchased. Other then that, really no biggie for me.

The irony is I deleted that partition while testing out some backup and recovery software :facepalm:

Oops!!! Oh well! :D

The only real plan I'd have to restore back to factory settings is if I sold the laptop and can say the computer is just the way as when purchased. Other then that, really no biggie for me.

The irony is I deleted that partition while testing out some backup and recovery software :facepalm:

Sounds like you have backup and recovery well in hand, though.

You're right, no biggie. :) I wouldn't think about it twice.

No real loss ( as long as you have some installation media ) . It's common when the HD dies and needs to be replaced. I usually reformat OEM PCs I get anyway and install windows clean to get rid of all the crapware loaded on them. Was there actually anything on the recovery partion ? I've seen a lot of refurbs come with empty recovery partitions.

I know exactly what I did wrong. I thought an image of the entire hard drive was done so went ahead and deleted the partitions to do a restore only to find out the image was just of the Windows partition.

Oh well, what can I say. Some folks even prefer to blow away the recovery partition to free up the space.

Right now, I'm setting up my laptop with this imaging/snapshot software called "Ax64 Time Machine" :)

Time Machine Windows 7, PC Backup Software, Time Machine Backup, Windows Time Machine | Ax64.com

Back
Top Bottom