Opening double CD cases

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I don't buy many music CDs anymore, but I did recently buy a 2CD set, and I had an awful time getting the discs out of their case. When double CD sets first came out, most of the jewel cases were actually thicker and you could remove the CD just like a single CD case. These CDs would not come off by just grabbing by the ends and lifting up. Gently twisting or pushing in the center did not work either. I had to grab the bottom of the CD and twist it to finally get each CD off - I was afraid I might break it. Glad I was ripping them and will probably never have to remove them again. Is there an easier way to get these things out?

I recently broke a DVD taking it out of a double case. Split from one edge to center. I thought DVDs were made out of metal, but this one acted like plastic...?

Kindest regards.

Polycarbonate plastic, may have a thin layer of aluminum sprayed in the middle, but I don't think it's for strength.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Here's a non-cheery prediction: I'll bet that we will live to see the day when CD's will become as archaic as cassette tapes are now. Everything will be "in the cloud" and rented by us, instead of being in our physical possession and owned by us. Ugh.

Then we'll remember this thread and wish we had our own CDs to struggle with.

Polycarbonate plastic, may have a thin layer of aluminum sprayed in the middle, but I don't think it's for strength.

The music pictures information is in the aluminium.

The music pictures information is in the aluminium.

Duh, doesn't that make sense. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom