Opt out of junk mail

Oddly with the economic downturn, we hardly receive ANY junk mail...just a few grocery ads. I guess all those credit card offers we used to be bombarded with finally petered out.

Oddly with the economic downturn, we hardly receive ANY junk mail...just a few grocery ads. I guess all those credit card offers we used to be bombarded with finally petered out.

I'm still getting insurance, cc offers, and some catalogs.

I got the link from a credit monitoring service that mentioned it helps to get off mailing list to avoid identity theft.

I can't figure out why we still get telemarketing calls, when we're on the state and national "no call" lists. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Our Recycle Container is between the house and the mailbox. That's our "no muss, no fuss" solution.

Anyway, we get so little mail nowadays that even this method is little used.

I can't figure out why we still get telemarketing calls, when we're on the state and national "no call" lists. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

It is only good for 5 years. Time to renew your subscription!

Gypsy - if you are talking about "no call" I just went to the site to re-register and learned that it does not expire. Just in case, I entered my phone number and it told me I was already registered. I have been getting a lot more telemarketing calls than I used to.

Hmm. Sometimes I wonder if they use the do-not-call list for their call list.

We have caller i.d.

We also tell them to take us off their call list and do not call again.

Sometimes it works.

Gypsy - if you are talking about "no call" I just went to the site to re-register and learned that it does not expire. Just in case, I entered my phone number and it told me I was already registered. I have been getting a lot more telemarketing calls than I used to.

^^ This. I don't know what the deal is, but thank goodness for Caller ID (and Call Blocking). :mad:

Back
Top Bottom