Oregon Idaho Trip Pictures

Nice trip and pics. Reminds me of the couple of years I lived in Oregon. Some of those cool nights would be great right about now.

Thanks for the photos.

I wonder how our other Oregon/Washington visitor is doing. I think he arrived just in time to "enjoy" the first wet system of the fall.

Inspirational Al, except for the port a john picture.

I have to add that Lena is a great sport . Not many women think sleeping in tiny tents , cooking breakfast over on an open flame , biking for forty miles and doing without bathrooms and showers as fun but she just rolls with the punches . Al, You are one lucky guy !

I have to add that Lena is a great sport . Not many women think sleeping in tiny tents , cooking breakfast over on an open flame , biking for forty miles and doing without bathrooms and showers as fun but she just rolls with the punches . Al, You are one lucky guy !
So, you are convinced she's doing it of her own free will? :cool:

So, you are convinced she's doing it of her own free will? :cool:

Now that you mentioned it I realize Al either plays a subliminal tape every night or Lena is a Stepford wife . I hope Al check's her batteries regularly !

Of course we missed you Al! You and Lena look wonderful. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Thanks for putting that together for us Al. Excellent views and it looks like you guys had a great time. I enjoyed it for sure.

B-E-A-U-Tiful pics Al. Looks and sounds like a fantastic trip!!!

R

Thanks for sharing. What a beautiful trip! I especially appreciated your performing for the nursing home. That is very sweet! I am sure they enjoyed it, too!

Hope to be doing some of the same things pretty soon. Should hopefully get the VERA this school year and be heading to Spokane to our house just on the north side of the centennial trail. Planning on riding e.washington and into Idaho regularly. Don't think I am up to the camping part anymore. And.... I can't ride a DF bike anymore and have a recumbent that is a whole lot more comfortable on rides. Now if I can just get my damn Achilles fixed up.

Really enjoyed your pictures. You guys look like you have so much fun together. I can tell that Lena is having fun just being with you and enjoying your time together. She probably doesn't know what adventure will come next and that's part of the fun...being spontaneous.

I can't ride a DF bike anymore and have a recumbent that is a whole lot more comfortable on ride.

I know someone who did the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes on a motorized scooter in her early 90's (not all at once, but hey!). That's my ideal for an activity level after the body gives out.

Ahhh, if people only would try a recumbent for a few rides a lot more people would switch to that kind of bike. Kind of strange at first, but if all you are doing is road riding it is a lot more comfortable. I used to ride nice bikes...then my butt went for some reason (just lost the ability to sit on a seat...tried all kinds..really kind of strange), then my neck went so I could ride for much more than an hour without increasing discomfort, then had a bike wreck in Okinawa that caused my left hand to go numb after riding for 20-30 minutes, now....many many calf/achilles pulls...nowhere near 90, only 53. Al is doing some things I hope to do.....but without the camping bit. I would love to ride the NW and stay in motels after doing 100-200miles a day.

How many frying pans did you bring?

Three. Next time I think we'll take about six. It's great to just throw one away instead of cleaning it. Not very earth friendly, however.

A limiting factor for camping is making it through the night without having to get up and pee. If it's 40 degrees out and raining at 3 AM, I'd rather have my bladder explode than get up. So, no more hanging around the campfire having a few beers. Now it's no drinking after 6 PM.

The big Coleman air bed is as comfortable as our mattress at home, and the pump is fast and convenient. Comfort used to be the limiting factor.

A limiting factor for camping is making it through the night without having to get up and pee. If it's 40 degrees out and raining at 3 AM, I'd rather have my bladder explode than get up. So, no more hanging around the campfire having a few beers. Now it's no drinking after 6 PM.

I'm surprised you are not considering a small RV - even a small Coleman pop up.
Is one in your future?

Back
Top Bottom