Orlando, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacergal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just wanted express heartfelt sorrow to anyone who had/has family or friends killed or injured. And thanks to the first responders and medical personnel who worked quickly to help, and are continuing their work on this.

Thank you for the kind thoughts. Everyone here is sort-of subdued...in shock. It's been a very bad week-end, first with the bizarre public killing of Christina Grimmie right after a concert at a small venue in Orlando, and then these killings soon after.

We live just 20 minutes from Walt Disney World and have many neighbors who work there. There has long been the belief that WDW would be targeted because it is marketed as "The Happiest Place on Earth" and the crowds are almost always huge and multi-national. Additionally, WDW could be viewed as an American icon. Security on the property is as good as they can make it....but terrorists will do what they will do regardless. The local belief is that it is just a matter of time.

Last edited:
My heart breaks for all the young women and men that are dead or injured by this senseless crime .

Both events so very sad and disturbing. I'm finding myself trying to turn away from the news coverage.

I had not followed Christina Grimmie until I heard of her death. What a beautiful voice and talent. Tragic.

Our world is increasingly warped.

...and now the 2 year old and the gator at a Disney property. So sad.

...and now the 2 year old and the gator at a Disney property. So sad.

Yes....this is a third devastating blow to us locals. We are absolutely heartbroken for this family. For so many families right now....

We live with these reptiles daily, and with a great deal of respect. In general, they are much more afraid of us than we are of them. My only guess is that this alligator had been previously feed by tourists and become brazen. I have been to the beachy area of the Floridian Hotel where this happened many times....it's lovely. But we know that wherever there is a depth of 10 inches or more of fresh water, there may be an alligator.

Yes....this is a third devastating blow to us locals. We are absolutely heartbroken for this family. For so many families right now....

We live with these reptiles daily, and with a great deal of respect. In general, they are much more afraid of us than we are of them. My only guess is that this alligator had been previously feed by tourists and become brazen. I have been to the beachy area of the Floridian Hotel where this happened many times....it's lovely. But we know that wherever there is a depth of 10 inches or more of fresh water, there may be an alligator.

No doubt. We have a house just south of Leesburg and will not let the dogs within 10ft of water.

bad situation, bad all around - his wife should have reported him to the authorities and it likely wouldn't have happened

I am sympathetic - it's absolutely horrible

I'm sympathetic too, although sometimes it takes a shock to stop the numbness from creeping in. Murders are in the media constantly here.

For example, just in Chicago and not counting the balance of the 5 county collar area, we had 24 horrific murders June 1st though June 12th. And it goes on year around sometimes with spurts of activity causing the numbers to shoot way up. :(

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016-chicago-murders

Last edited:
Three tragedies days apart, very sad.

I'm sympathetic too, although sometimes it takes a shock to stop the numbness from creeping in. Murders are in the media constantly here.

For example, just in Chicago and not counting the balance of the 5 county collar area, we had 24 horrific murders June 1st though June 12th. And it goes on year around sometimes with spurts of activity causing the numbers to shoot way up. :(

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016-chicago-murders

Folks in Orlando have my sympathy. :flowers:

As for here in Chicago, or do I mean Chiraq, because yes the murders are high. A huge % of them are warring gang members. The Mother's say how their gang member son was a good boy, even when he has a gun on him.
But for me it's harder to feel sympathy for non-innocent victims and gang members are not innocent. :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom