Ouch

We had an interesting case at the Ethics committee one time about a HIV positive patient who bit somebody. What can you tell the bitee while respecting the patient's confidentiality? Luckily it turned out that there was no transmission.

Oh, yeah. As I recall, few in the states have been charged with attempted murder in such situations, along with an occasional perp who knowingly had unprotected intercourse with countless women while fully aware of his HIV status.

Give me a fox (the animal kind) any day.

Oh, yeah. As I recall, few in the states have been charged with attempted murder in such situations, along with an occasional perp who knowingly had unprotected intercourse with countless women while fully aware of his HIV status.
I used to work at a training command with a large division of HIV-positive sailors who were still fit for duty near major medical care. Every one of them had been required to sign a statement acknowledging their medical status and the possibility of felony prosecution for unprotected distribution of their bodily fluids.

The short-term attitudes of a few of these people led to courts-martial, non-judicial punishments, and administrative discharges that were, to say the least, interesting. I came close to losing it when a Navy lawyer stated, with a straight face, that his client's HIV treatment was causing the urinalysis to show a false positive for crystal methamphetamine.

I was bitten by a bunch of fire ants in Florida a few years ago.

The stings hurt like hell for a few hours.

I was bitten by a bunch of fire ants in Florida a few years ago.

The stings hurt like hell for a few hours.

That brought back an old memory.

Back when I was 4 or so, I sat down on a stump that was an ant hill. I have a vague memory of ripping of my clothes while running towards the house screaming for my mother.

Back
Top Bottom