Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-05-2020, 03:43 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee View Post
Unusual old Tar Heel tree Christmas ornament, have not seen it anywhere else.
eBay is definitely the place for buying something like that.
retire-early is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2020, 03:49 PM   #42

We have seen some delays but attribute it to the rapid increase in online ordering because of the pandemic. The carriers seem to have recovered here, just in time to be swamped all over again for Christmas. But by all accounts they have been swamped since last spring so if something is delayed a day or two I don't get stressed about it.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

My pet peeve of the day the other day was just this issue with my package showing up on the USPS tracking but "stuck" at the origin post office. I submitted an inquiry via a form on the USPS web site and lo and behold! it suddenly started moving and showed up on my doorstep today. In fact, it was delivered by a mail truck long before our regular delivery. I have to think my inquiry prompted someone to find the package (which was 2-day priority mail) and get it moving ASAP.
GalaxyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:53 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
1. Join Amazon prime. Sure you pay the monthly fee, but it's worth it if you order a lot of things from Amazon. I haven't had any deliver issues from Amazon in the last couple of months.

2. Don't buy anything that might be shipped by USPS.
That doesn't jive in areas where Amazon uses USPS for deliveries.
GalaxyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:20 PM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyBoy View Post
That doesn't jive in areas where Amazon uses USPS for deliveries.

Yeah, every time I see that in an Amazon thread, I lol and disregard most of what that individual says in the thread.

Amazon's shipping methods=all of them and you have no choice as to what method they use.
FDC319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:28 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
2. Don't buy anything that might be shipped by USPS.
For many rural locations, USPS is the only carrier that will deliver. If the address is deemed non-profitable, UPS and Fedex won't deliver. Only the Slowpost/Surepost partner services will, where UPS/FX have a last mile hand off for the USPS to do the actual delivery.

Amazon rarely uses fedex anymore (nationally, tho I'm sure there are pockets). They use whichever service gets it to you in the agreed upon timeframe at the best cost to them.

That's why Joe in State A can get the item in 1 day, but you in State B get it in 3 days. Everything is customized.
Aerides is offline   Reply With Quote