Join Early Retirement Today

People lets make Jetblue go away
Old 02-18-2007, 06:10 AM   #1
gone traveling

People lets make Jetblue go away

Yea they royally screwed up.

They are all smoke and mirrors, yes you stockholders will get hosed.

Anyway an airline that treats its passengers as badly as they are EVEN TODAY SUNDAY 4 days after the storm does not deserve to exist.

Stop flying JETBLUE! There are alternatives, Other airlines, a train a car!!
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: People lets make Jetblue go away
Old 02-18-2007, 06:50 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Really? - You have not seen bad service, until you fly Northworst!
Cut-Throat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Is this example of bad judgement the biggest thing we've got to get our panties in a knot about? Every major carrier has horror stories just as bad. Put this in perspective: Nobody was killed. There was no evil plot. It was just incompetence/bad judgement.

Air travel today is not luxurious--it is a cattle drive. Go visit some of the terminals--food waste sitting around for hours, seats packed in (and not enough of them), folks waiting in line out the door to use the fetid restrooms. All the ambiance of a bus terminal downtown. The industry functions right on the razor's edge cost-wise.

In this environment, I'm not surprised that "stuff happens."
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
gone traveling

Yes just keep on flying.

remember after 9/11 the government bailed these guys out to the tune of almost 90BILLION!!

look rebuild the american railroads high speed train service. think of the tax dollars that would flow into the government by putting american back to work building a great new system.

No we throw bad money and americans the SHEEPLE follow and continue to fly.

Dumb.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Baaa! Baaa!

Come to think of it, I've seen sheep on traincars, but I've never seen one on a plane!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WallWendSheep1.jpg (7.1 KB, 7 views)
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb WallWendSheep1.jpg_thumb (33.3 KB, 0 views)
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem
In this environment, I'm not surprised that "stuff happens."
Yes. But ... it would be cool if they were forced out of business. Might be a
badly needed wake-up call for the airlines and ultimately make things better.

JohnEyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford
Yes. But ... it would be cool if they were forced out of business. Might be a
badly needed wake-up call for the airlines and ultimately make things better.

These guys were nothing but smoke and mirrors, sure they gave you something to eat, and a larger seat BUT they are cutting costs like the rest of the industry and then you have people who cannot make good decisions.

Look I could have told you that a heavy sleet and freezing rainstorm in NYC temps were 21 degrees most of the day that these planes were NOT getting off the ground. They NEVER should have pushed from the gates!

I have to question the powers that were running the system. Pretty dumb .

Yes the american public can vote and put these people out of business. Just do not fly them. Is that so hard??
Old 02-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #8

I would not boycott JetBlue for that transgression. The same has occurred on other airlines.
What I would like to see is a boycott of United Airlines for what they did to the employees' pension funds during the bankruptcy and restructuring.
Zoocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe
I would not boycott JetBlue for that transgression. The same has occurred on other airlines.
What I would like to see is a boycott of United Airlines for what they did to the employees' pension funds during the bankruptcy and restructuring.
I stopped flying on all american airlines. we will take a a European airline overseas this summer.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

What happened here revealed a serious weakness in JetBlue's operations division. It wasn't limited to just one airport. It may be that they have been trying to do too much with too little for a while, it took an event like this to reveal it.

At the corporate level heads should roll - no nice severance packages - once they have had a chance to get enough sleep to make thoughtful decisions, and commitments met to travelers impacted.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #11
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat
What happened here revealed a serious weakness in JetBlue's operations division. It wasn't limited to just one airport. It may be that they have been trying to do too much with too little for a while, it took an event like this to reveal it.

At the corporate level heads should roll - no nice severance packages - once they have had a chance to get enough sleep to make thoughtful decisions, and commitments met to travelers impacted.
But the Wall Street Journal gave them big time PROPS last week and the stock went UP!!!!!!

Something smells rotten!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

I really feel for you, Newguy. It's like being kidnapped and held against your will.

Unfortunately, as others say, it is symptomatic of the whole industry - no airline is immune. Hope that all of them learn from this disaster and that Jetblue is held accountable big time.

Have the law suits started yet?

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa
Have the law suits started yet?
Too early to file. Many courts are closed Monday.

Some may say that we are a law suit happy culture. I think there are ways to address specious law suits. For the rest, let us remind ourselves that a law suit is more civilized than physical retribution. Not cheaper, safer.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #14

JetBlue was making money from 1999-2003. It never got a bail out dime from the government because they didnt' need it.

I'd have to look at the story though because it will change my presentation in a couple of days. Thanks for the heads up.
Got retiree health care through your company? What if the company goes bankrupt? Retire and go RVing full time? RVs are not structurally sound. You'll die in a fiery crash. Retire and live overseas? What if you die? Aren't you worried about your body? No, I don't think I will be able to seeing how I am dead.
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #15
Recycles dryer sheets

As a retired UAL er, am with you on that !..........tom
tjon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:02 AM   #16
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888
Look I could have told you that a heavy sleet and freezing rainstorm in NYC temps were 21 degrees most of the day that these planes were NOT getting off the ground. They NEVER should have pushed from the gates!
A colossal series of bad decisions to be sure...and they should be held accountable. On the other hand, it is NOT true that they could have known the planes would not have flown that day...I boarded a Delta plane at 9AM that very same day and our plane took off just 1 hour late, from an airport not very far from NYC...and now I am happily sitting in the Bahamas watching the sunrise while drinking coffee....I am very glad my plane got pushed away from the gate.

If they prematurely canceled flights "just in case", they would have just as any angry people than if they didn't.

I think if I was stuck on a plane for 9 hours on the tarmac I'd call 911 and report that I was being held hostage, or else rush the emergency exit and take my chances in court...

A 2 hour maximum law should be passed and everyone should be given the option to leave every hour or so after that...I wouldn't mind seeing a law put in place to ensure this - with stiff penalties.
farmerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:23 AM   #17
gone traveling

Sitting here 18 degrees in North Carolina go figure drinking hot chocolate thinking should I substitute teach today?? I might it still a crappy fishing day here, and they have to open the schools today for a makeup of a snowday two weeks ago.

By the way enjoy your time down there!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

I had almost the exact opposite reaction to this fiasco.

Soon Jet Blue will probably try to win back some customers- thats means cheaper tickets and other assorted perks. I plan on flying somewhere fun- for cheap.

Thank you to all those people claiming you will never fly with them again. Now Jet Blue will want my business just a little more.

Deetso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deetso
Soon Jet Blue will probably try to win back some customers- thats means cheaper tickets and other assorted perks. I plan on flying somewhere fun- for cheap.

Thank you to all those people claiming you will never fly with them again. Now Jet Blue will want my business just a little more.

Ssshhhhhhhh! Keep it quiet.

ahem....Newguy, I'm with you bud - let's spread the word - Boycott Jet Blue. And if even if they come crawling on their knees with great deals trying beg forgiveness we say NO!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deetso
I plan on flying somewhere fun- for cheap.
At those prices and considering their recent performance record, what do you think JetBlue will achieve to impress you?

Eh, never mind, I'm only venting. My spouse just spent 15 minutes on the phone with "Bob" (in Bangalore) trying to change the return date on a govt airfare. Phew.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote