Join Early Retirement Today

Pervert
Old 04-15-2006, 01:44 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Pervert

Friggin' cat decapitates everything she catches. It's kind of disturbing to find headless animals lying around the house...
Cool Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Pervert
Old 04-15-2006, 07:19 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Especially the Doberman
OldAgePensioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

We had a Merlin "couple" in our neighborhood for a few years. They would kill the pigeons and eat only their brains. The headless pigeons were a bit disturbing, but also somewhat satisfying.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
The headless pigeons were a bit disturbing, but also somewhat satisfying.* *
Did you floss after ?
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:18 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen
Did you floss after ?

Old 04-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #6

the neighbor's cats have been getting into my gardens. so far dead baby racoon, dead possum, all but two squirrels dead, i lost count of the dead birds. one day one of the cats was on my front porch surrounded by feathers and dead bird carcass. the other week i found a decapitated squirrel.

there is no reason in the world why i should ever have had to look at a decapitated squirrel. we have a leash law for cats. our town is a designated bird sanctuary and i've set up my garden to attract them. for 10 years the same families of cardinals, baltimore orioles and bluejays come back here.

mostly the cats only catch the morning doves but i'm done with it. they get in my car when the top is down and get ontop the soft top when the top is up. they did about $300 worth of damage to my last sedan and the neighbor refused to pay. before they do $2000 damage to the t-bird i've decided to take action. i've tried to talk to my neighbors to get control of this and to save their cats. only one neighbor has complied but his lover thinks i'm being stupid and so mary is no longer talking to me. the other neighbors refuse to comply.

so instead of handling this as a considerate person, now i simply am setting up live traps with tasty tuna in them. instead of their cats destroying the animals in my gardens i will be taking drives into the everglades and feeding the alligators. here kitty kitty kitty.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Good for you lazygood4nothinbum.

I don't dislke cats mself, but if the people who are supposed to be responsible for the cats won't control them then you need to stop the destruction yourself.
Non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum
so instead of handling this as a considerate person, now i simply am setting up live traps with tasty tuna in them. instead of their cats destroying the animals in my gardens i will be taking drives into the everglades and feeding the alligators. here kitty kitty kitty.
* * I can understand your aggravation, but how about dropping them off at the animal shelter? Maybe they'll get lucky enough to find a responsible new owner* ....* *take your neighbor on a nice ride to the Everglades instead
Old 04-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non sequitur
Good for you lazygood4nothinbum.

I don't dislke cats mself, but if the people who are supposed to be responsible for the cats won't control them then you need to stop the destruction yourself.
and i was so sure that post was gonna get me lynched. sorry for the rant, just happened the situation recently came to a, um, head just as cooldood posted the, um, decapitation thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyT
how about dropping them off at the animal shelter? Maybe they'll get lucky enough to find a responsible new owner .... take your neighbor on a nice ride to the Everglades instead
i'll bring them (the cats) to a shelter a few counties away. i'm just gonna tell my neighbors about the alligators, pythons, cougers & lynx (er, bobcats) so they think twice before letting loose their so-called top of the food chain.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

LG4NB,

Harbor Freight has the live traps you need: 20 bucks (tuna not inluded). They've got stores all over FL.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=9646

Disclaimer: The author of this post does not condone or encourage the entrapment and spiriting away of family pets, regardless of the iresponsibility of the owners of said pets nor the damage to wildlife caused by these animals. Why can't we all get along? War, good God ya'll, what is it good for? Absolutely nothin!"
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:05 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

You might consider this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Its well regarded for keeping dogs and cats out of the yard. I've seen it for a bit cheaper than this, about $50.

Trapping and "relocating" peoples pets may be considered theft of personal property in some states.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:24 AM   #12
Recycles dryer sheets

Or you could try giving the cats away using this tactic.... it'll save you time and gas money instead of dropping them off at a shelter.

http://www.techimo.com/photo/showpho...0/ppuser/67659
Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing.* * * * ** Forrest Gump
gtmeouttahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:05 AM   #13
Early-Retirement.org Founder
Developer of FIRECalc

Drop the neighbors in the Everglades, with their cats...

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
dory36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny

Trapping and "relocating" peoples pets may be considered theft of personal property in some states.
I wouldn't worry too much about that if you trap them on your property and bring them to the animal shelter. Our neighbor used to do that regularly.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:05 AM   #15
Give me a forum ...

I'll take it from the lawyer. But I figured that luring an animal with food into a trap and then taking it elsewhere might be a bit problematic.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #16

We had a cat who brought lots of animals into the house (over 40 mice, rats, birds, and lizards). Once he brought a large healthy rat in.

I chased them both into the bathroom, shut the door, and let them work it out. It sounded like a cartoon in there for a while, and then silence. I gave it another 40 minutes, then opened the door. The cat walked out calmly, and I looked around and there was no rat. No blood or other body parts.

I figured the cat either ate it whole, or it went down the drain of the bathtub. I never solved that mystery.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

About six months ago, I had a large rat, thankfully quite dead, dropped onto my lap while I was sound asleep in bed.

"hmmm...warm.......fuzzy....wet...thing...in.. .my lap THATSAFRICKINRATYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Zero to wide awake in 1.8 seconds.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:20 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
I'll take it from the lawyer. But I figured that luring an animal with food into a trap and then taking it elsewhere might be a bit problematic.
You missed your calling as a prosecutor.

But I really can't imagine a theft claim if the animal was on your property. Less risky than glomming onto someone's unprotected wifi signal.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:22 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl

I figured the cat either ate it whole, or it went down the drain of the bathtub. I never solved that mystery.
It ran up the walls and was hiding above your head. It later escaped.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
You missed your calling as a prosecutor.

But I really can't imagine a theft claim if the animal was on your property. Less risky than glomming onto someone's unprotected wifi signal.
Lure one of my pets onto your property with a tuna filled trap and do something with it and i'll teach you a very new meaning to the term "risk".

My wifes said a million times that i'd make a great lawyer. I always tell her "except for all that learning and tests and stuff you have to do before you get to argue!"

So what you're saying is that if my kid leaves his bike on the edge of your lawn, you can take it to the dump and theres no problem?