Phishing for idjits

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
There is just no way that a phishing attempt like this isn't trying to select only the most gullible and uninformed of us all:

Ρayment: Billing Issue (881150)
Ρrime Аccount-Update 80524 <donotreply1FV4YO20P.M6wTcZCVL93UUcr1@m******a9nea1.actionse.com.br> (my asterisks, 'cause nobody needs to email this character)

We've terminate your amazon due to billing issue.

We are confirming that your amazon temporarily terminated due to unusual activity. You will need to continue and provide the required information.

If you would like restore your account, click the button below to follow the instruction. We’ll review and make sure account uninterrupted.
So this is a billing issue small "a" Amazon has with our Prime account. Which they have terminate. Only wait - it seems that it's not a billing issue, but unusual activity that has caused the account to be ended. If I'll only click the button and follow instructions though they will review and be sure the account that has terminated will continue uninterrupted. Yeesh. Getting whipsawed here. Maybe I'll check the sender's email address: Ah. <donotreply1FV4YO20P.M*******CVL93UUcr1@msks6ba9nea1.actionse.com.br> Sure looks like a legit Amazon address.

That's exactly what online hucksters do. Why try to craft an email that will fool a smart person? That's not their target. Only a gullible/uneducated person will go all the way down the rabbit hole and give out info and/or money. So they target those people.

There is just no way that a phishing attempt like this isn't trying to select only the most gullible and uninformed of us all:

Ρayment: Billing Issue (881150)
Ρrime Аccount-Update 80524 <donotreply1FV4YO20P.M6wTcZCVL93UUcr1@m******a9nea1.actionse.com.br> (my asterisks, 'cause nobody needs to email this character)

We've terminate your amazon due to billing issue.

We are confirming that your amazon temporarily terminated due to unusual activity. You will need to continue and provide the required information.

If you would like restore your account, click the button below to follow the instruction. We’ll review and make sure account uninterrupted.
So this is a billing issue small "a" Amazon has with our Prime account. Which they have terminate. Only wait - it seems that it's not a billing issue, but unusual activity that has caused the account to be ended. If I'll only click the button and follow instructions though they will review and be sure the account that has terminated will continue uninterrupted. Yeesh. Getting whipsawed here. Maybe I'll check the sender's email address: Ah. <donotreply1FV4YO20P.M*******CVL93UUcr1@msks6ba9nea1.actionse.com.br> Sure looks like a legit Amazon address.

Yeah, it's easy to spot. Unfortunately, many seniors still fall for some of these scams, and also the phone calls asking for bank info or social security.

I got that exact same email about an hour ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom