Photo Sharing Thread II

This time, I happened to be home when it rained, and climbed up into the attic to see the exact leaky spot. This will help the roofers do it right this time, hopefully. Did I ever post here that you've got to do things yourself if you want it done right?
I got no sympathy for contractors who don't use their troubleshooting tools. You could point out to them that you'd be happy to loan your garden hose to use on the roof for their own rainstorm investigations.

We had one of those intermittent roof leaks (just the right combination of wind & rain direction) for at least five years. I finally went into the crawl space (more like a wiggle space) and called out to spouse to start spraying the roof with the hose. When she got to the "right" spot I was nearly drowning in evidence...

Bald eagles, this morning along the Des Moines river in southeast Iowa:

603.JPG

660.JPG

638.JPG

615.JPG

In a walk of less than a mile I counted 64 eagles. And froze my nose--windy and 9 above down here earlier this morning. I thought this was the semi-south. :) Much of the river has ice, but below a dam there is open water where birds are congregating.

I thought this was the semi-south. :) Much of the river has ice, but below a dam there is open water where birds are congregating.
"Semi-south"? Iowa?

Martha I thought you knew nothing was considered even vaguely "south" if you see ice anywhere other than in your tea...

Wouldn´t some of you exchange places with me?:)

Attachments

• S. Jorge.jpg
    S. Jorge.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 1
  • Barco.jpg
    Barco.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 1
Gorgeous pictures Martha ! As for Iowa being semi south if they don't serve grits it is not the south .

Attachments

• cabinporch.jpg
    cabinporch.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 363
In a walk of less than a mile I counted 64 eagles. And froze my nose--windy and 9 above down here earlier this morning. I thought this was the semi-south. :) Much of the river has ice, but below a dam there is open water where birds are congregating.

Nice pics!

I've never seen more than four bald eagles at one time. Is a crowd like that common in semi-south Iowa?

Wow! 64 eagles in one little area? I've seen bald eagles fairly regularly my entire life along the Fox River in east-central Wisconsin but I don't remember ever seeing more than 2 at a time.

I dunno. These eagles do not look bald to me. [-] Hairy[/-] Feathery eagles?

Wow! Unbelievable! I've never seen anything like that!

Audrey

Is it asking too much of forum members to post isome nformal pics of our Christmas family dinner/reunion....whatever:)?

Used to see herds, er, flocks, er gaggles of the filthy beasts terrorizing Temple Valley. See also

Peacock killing trial postponed as Maloney dumps attorney - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL Home

Can't recall if this has been resolved. In a vacuum, I'd side with the peacock. Having dealt with them, I can kinda see an insanity defense.
TromboneAl has probably had this one on his followup calendar, so here's the end of the story:
StarAdvertiser.com - Mobile Edition

My cynical perspective is that she was cleared on a technicality but punished via the months of time & piles of money she had to spend on the judicial process.

I also notice that she managed to present a consistently unsympathetic, even hostile, image throughout the entire saga...

Hope it's OK if I revive this thread. A few years ago a friend, who is a bass player, asked if I could take some pictures of him for publicity purposes and general use. I was a bit nervous about it, having not done too much of this kind of stuff before, but they turned out OK. He loved them. Here are a couple from that session:

56983224.jpg

56842955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom