Polar ice melt

FinallyRetired

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Whether you think GW is human caused or primarily due to natural cycles (as I suspect), the degree of this year's polar ice melt is impressive.

"The minimum for 2007 shatters the previous five-day minimum set on September 20–21, 2005, by 1.19 million square kilometers (460,000 square miles), roughly the size of Texas and California combined, or nearly five United Kingdoms."

NSIDC Arctic Sea Ice News Fall 2007

Maybe the NW passage will become a routine summer cruise.
sailing expedition to the Northwest Passage @marine.fm

Anyone know of a good link that can accurately measure sea levels to see home much they are actually rising, and various projections too?

I hear a lot about the ice melting, but little about any short-term consequences re:sea levels.

Anyone know of a good link that can accurately measure sea levels to see home much they are actually rising, and various projections too?

I hear a lot about the ice melting, but little about any short-term consequences re:sea levels.

Floating ice melting will not affect sea levels.

Whether you think GW is human caused or primarily due to natural cycles (as I suspect), the degree of this year's polar ice melt is impressive.

You have been misled. Global warming is caused by Conservatives. Ask David Suzuki.

Floating ice melting will not affect sea levels.

directly, correct.

indirectly, the less floating ice, the less reflection, the more arctic water absorbs heat, the more water expands and the more greenland melts, the more sea levels affected.

Back
Top Bottom