Politics, Women, Guns, The Reptilian Brain and Recycling

Re: When I Look Upon Pelosi & Reid I Get......

lets-retire said:
Since you didn't bow, I guess one or all of the above happened to you?

Oh, I imagine a FOIA request for any files the CIA/FBI/DHS has on me would either result in a fat file arriving, or a visit from some large gentlemen.

FinanceDude said:
Brewer, you still don't sound happy..............don't worry, your Dems will fix everything Bush "screwed up".......... ;)

Can't be any worse. At the least, we might have some fiscal conservatism instead of "spending like a drunken Democrat," which Bush and crew are prone to do.

brewer12345 said:
Oh, I imagine a FOIA request for any files the CIA/FBI/DHS has on me would either result in a fat file arriving, or a visit from some large gentlemen.

So what you're really saying is you don't know if any of this ever happened to you. You're just worried because of some sound bites. The government is seriously under staffed for investigators in the areas you are concerned about. They have to have some kind of evidence or intellegence that a person is involved with a criminal or terrorist plan before they waste time on them. You don't realize how much information is floating out there. It would be similar to giving you every book, magazine, and newspaper in the world printed today, 11-10-06, and telling you to read all of them in seven days.

lets-retire said:
So what you're really saying is you don't know if any of this ever happened to you. You're just worried because of some sound bites. The government is seriously under staffed for investigators in the areas you are concerned about. They have to have some kind of evidence or intellegence that a person is involved with a criminal or terrorist plan before they waste time on them. You don't realize how much information is floating out there. It would be similar to giving you every book, magazine, and newspaper in the world printed today, 11-10-06, and telling you to read all of them in seven days.

You clearly are not interested in hearing this, so I will try once more to explain on a basic level and then leave you to stew in your own juices.

Freedom of speech is being impinged (to put it mildly) upon when the executive branch can unilaterally snoop on or even jail a Merkin citizen without a warrant, keep them locked up indefinately, possibly even torture them, and deny them access to counsel. All of this is new under the rethuglicans. I would love to see this change, and hopefully at least some of it will with a Demoratic congress. At least restoring the writ of habeas corpus wouldd be a good start.

Obviously. I can tell by all of the lawsuits going to the Supreme Court. ::)

Ja Vold!

Attachments

• Martial-Law-e.jpg
    Martial-Law-e.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Martial-Law-e.jpg_thumb
    25.6 KB · Views: 0

The point is you claim there are all of these violation, yet even with charitable organizations, like the ACLU, there hasn't been many cases brought before the Supreme Court about the "violations". Until there are more, I'd say you are grossly over exaggerating the situation.

lets-retire said:
The point is you claim there are all of these violation, yet even with charitable organizations, like the ACLU, there hasn't been many cases brought before the Supreme Court about the "violations". Until there are more, I'd say you are grossly over exaggerating the situation.

Cherish that thought as they drag you off to the gulag.

brewer12345 said:
Oh, I imagine

Well, yes you do! :LOL: But it's fun to read about! :D

lets-retire said:
The point is you claim there are all of these violation, yet even with charitable organizations, like the ACLU, there hasn't been many cases brought before the Supreme Court about the "violations".

The number of lawsuits reaching the Supreme Court has no bearing on the constitutionality of a law. There were only a handful of cases that the Supremes considered for "separate but equal" segregation.

lets-retire said:
Since you didn't bow, I guess one or all of the above happened to you?

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
-------------Pastor Martin Niemöller

Not a defense, but a point of observation. Had 9/11 NOT HAPPENED, would we even be talking about this? Doubtful..............

The Dems think the right has used the Patriot Act as a sledgehammer to stamp out everyone's freedoms and rights.

The Repubs think it is a tool to use to monitor folks that mean harm to our country.

As it is legislation by Congress, and interpreted different ways by different judges, there are problems.

However, Brewer, you seem pretty bitter for a guy whose party had a resounding victory a few days ago. You are beginning to sound like one of those "whiny Dems" that is never happy no matter what..........I doubt that is true, but it just appears that way on here.......... :confused: :(

FinanceDude said:
However, Brewer, you seem pretty bitter for a guy whose party had a resounding victory a few days ago. You are beginning to sound like one of those "whiny Dems" that is never happy no matter what..........I doubt that is true, but it just appears that way on here.......... :confused: :(

How nice. Well here is what I really think: I hope they impeach Monkey Boy and subpoena all his knuckle-dragging henchmen. I hope the lot of them end up in "XXXXXXXXX" Federal Penitentiary for the rest of their natural lives for what they have done.

It won't happen, but that's what I would like to see happen. Happy now? Now sit down and STFU. Your party lost. Mine gets to run the show now.

(edited to remove offensive language after complaints)

With one very notable exception, there is little in this world more stimulating than a well-reasoned political discourse. :D

Brewer - are you sure Bush is going to be MR. Nice and Cooperative? Yes, Nancy Sure Harry I agree we all agree, lets work together!?

He just renominated John Bolton to the UN....and the dems are saying no way....

I just read my morning newspaper. There's a picture of our two California senators -- Feinstein and Boxer -- on the front above the fold. There's news and analysis of Pelosi's role in guiding her party to victory. There's the acknowledgement that we're about to have the first woman speaker of the house in U.S. history. There's news about the victory for women's rights in South Dakota.

I haven't anything to add to the political back-and-forth going on here, but when I look upon Pelosi I see -- ME, and others like me, getting a little bit more of a role in mainstream politics, one step at a time.

(Is that Helen Reddy I hear in the background...?)

I'm happy today.

I think there will be a lot of bipartisan cooperation...that is as long as the second party agrees with the first party, which isn't going to happen. Repubs are saying "yeah, we're going to cooperate, but let's send more troops to Iraq and win this thing!" The Dems are saying "yeah, we'll cooperate, now let's raise the minimum wage and send out some subpoenas!"

Hey, gridlock is better than what we've been having, and I think the Republicans will soon figure out that all those Dem votes didn't mean to support sending more troops to Iraq, so it should be interesting to see what happens next.

Caroline said:
I just read my morning newspaper. There's a picture of our two California senators -- Feinstein and Boxer -- on the front above the fold. There's news and analysis of Pelosi's role in guiding her party to victory. There's the acknowledgement that we're about to have the first woman speaker of the house in U.S. history. There's news about the victory for women's rights in South Dakota.

I haven't anything to add to the political back-and-forth going on here, but when I look upon Pelosi I see -- ME, and others like me, getting a little bit more of a role in mainstream politics, one step at a time.

(Is that Helen Reddy I hear in the background...?)

I'm happy today.
Hi Caroline, I agree it's great that another barrier has fallen and our country goes another step forward to becoming the image we have of ourselves. But I look at these people as individuals and I don't care for Nancy and Harry and Barbara Boxer, I do like Diane my former mayor...but my likes and dislikes are based on who they are and not what they are....

brewer12345 said:
How nice. Well here is what I really think: I hope they impeach Monkey Boy and subpoena all his knuckle-dragging henchmen. I hope the lot of them end up in "XXXXXXXXX" Federal Penitentiary for the rest of their natural lives for what they have done.

It won't happen, but that's what I would like to see happen. Happy now? Now sit down and STFU. Your party lost. Mine gets to run the show now.

Wow................. :p :p :p :p

But I look at these people as individuals and I don't care for Nancy and Harry and Barbara Boxer, I do like Diane my former mayor...but my likes and dislikes are based on who they are and not what they are....

Right you are, Dan Tien! Well said.

I should have said that I like that these women are in power, AND that I like these women. (As proof of my integrity on this one, ask me what I think of Condi -- Bah!!!!)

I got a two-for-one this week! ;-D Life is GOOD!

Caroline said:
Right you are, Dan Tien! Well said.

I should have said that I like that these women are in power, AND that I like these women. (As proof of my integrity on this one, ask me what I think of Condi -- Bah!!!!)

I got a two-for-one this week! ;-D Life is GOOD!
:D
Don't forget Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota! You're gonna like her too

quote: all of the above (see above)

I don't know about any of this but I can make a prediction. If those in Congress don't start acting like a legislative body, restore checks and balances and start exercising a degree of civility, every election from here going forward will have a large element of "throw the bums out". We pay them to work for us and not spend taxpayer money to advance their party interest.

brewer12345 said:

wow Brewer. You're a really nasty bitter person it seems. I had kinda picked you for a nicer guy at first. Shows what I know

Somehow it seems everybody else was able to keep this civil. One of my good buddies is also a commie leftist. We can at least get a good laugh over this.

The fact is, the new leadership which you wished for and voted for is here. They don't like people like you. They don't support investors or accumulators of capital. You say you want higher taxes, well sit back and you shall recieve.

As for the idea that somehow this administration invented kidnapping and torture, give me a break. We've been kidnapping people for intel since the 1600's. On top of that, if GWB wants to snatch some jihadist out of his bed and attach car batteries to his nuts for weeks at a time, BLESS HIM! I'd love to buy those guys a beer for doing it.

Back
Top Bottom