Poll:Do You Carry a Pen?

Do You Carry a Pen?

• Yes

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 57.6%

• Total voters
Just out of habit I still carry one in my shirt pocket and occasionally it does come in useful. It's also a defensive weapon if you need to stab somebody in the eyeball. Probably nobody but retired law enforcement would think of that use.

I always thought right through the ear into the brain was good as they won't see it coming.

I was thinking of switching to a pencil, now that I know John Wicks killed 3 men in a bar with a pencil :LOL:

They still let you carry a pen onto the airplane without a second glance. :angel:

Only at work. Mont Blanc Rollerball. Outside of work, I only carry a pen if I know I'm going to need one. I do keep one in the car.

+1, although now retired, keep the MBR in my miniDayplanner, which I now use only infrequently. Love the MBR.

Just out of habit I still carry one in my shirt pocket and occasionally it does come in useful. It's also a defensive weapon if you need to stab somebody in the eyeball. Probably nobody but retired law enforcement would think of that use.

Jason Bourne would....he keeps his next to the phone book...

We keep a few pens around the house but never carry them. Essential Tremors and arthritis have made any possibility of writing a legible word nonexistent. My signature is a scratch. DW has to fill out any handwritten forms for me. Fortunately they are becoming rare. I've learned doctors never actually read the forms they give you at their office, because mine are unreadable, yet they never question them. Without smartphones and computers I'd be in trouble with written communication.

Always carry a good quality retractable ball point in my left front shorts pocket. I usually have some receipts in my wallet and I use the backs for notes and ideas.

Always. Uni-ball Jet Stream RT fine-point (0.7mm), black, in my shirt pocket. My wife and friends tease me about it, but have had to ask to borrow a pen from me several times... Isn't that what a shirt pocket is for?

I rarely carry one on my person. I have them in my car, in my work bag, scattered around the house, and when I travel. It is more of a commodity for me. The fancy pens I have received I almost never used. I cannot remember the last time I actually bought one - Probably 95% of my pens have been collected from various hotels and various conferences.:)

Always have one in my purse, ultra fine, thin Zebra brand. Refuse to use the "community pens!":LOL:

What's wrong with being silly? Non Type A person who has been silly all my life.

I carried one everywhere, all the time, when I was working. Now, I only have one with me at church on Sundays, to fulfill a volunteer assignment. Any other time that I need to make a note, I just type something into the iPhone. Rarely write checks anymore either...just two or three bills that do not have auto-pay options.

And yes, I did wear a pocket protector, at least when I was first out of college and had ruined at least three dress shirts by putting my pen in without the cap, point-first. Didn't care much for walking around the rest of the day with a bright red stain. It doubled as a company ID holder, so it was efficient.

Yeah, I was an enginerd!

Going back decades here, when restaurants, (the ones studied were in Toronto, IIRC), had bowls of unwrapped after dinner mints at the cash registers......seems a study showed high levels of urine as a result of unwashed hands taking one or more mints from the bowls.

Yeah, I never took a mint or a cookie from one of those.

Carry in purse, 1 mechanical pencil and 1 free ball point pen from my bank.

I have some of those! but since retiring I need to buy my own replacement leads:facepalm:

Oh Well. No more free pens, pencils or lead. I think I can afford the extra 2 bucks a year.

I have some of those! but since retiring I need to buy my own replacement leads:facepalm:

Oh Well. No more free pens, pencils or lead. I think I can afford the extra 2 bucks a year.

I have a mechanical pencil I use a lot for my Strat-o-Matic games. I bought a package of replacement leads (0.7) from the local dollar store about 10 years ago and I still have several of the tubes of leads left. Sure beats running to the pencil sharpener all the time.

Back
Top Bottom