Poll for Naming my Daughter

O.K., so this is a non-binding vote, but this is what DW and I narrowed it down to, credit is given

• Emilie (Nords)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amelia (Alex)

• Grace ( Coach )

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Madeleine ( Coach )

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Chloe ( Payin the Toll)

• Julianna (shiny )

• Natalie ( J-Lu)

• Analise ( Sheryl )

• Adrianne ( Jane Doe )

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Cassandra ( Zipper )

• Clarissa ( Siv)

• Julianna ( My Dear Wife )

• Caitlin ( jj )

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Katherine ( jj )

• Elizabeth ( jj and Me)

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Olivia ( jj & DW – seconded by mountaintosea and Meadbh )

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Mallory ( Unclemick2)

• Emma

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Melenie ( DW )

• Trinity ( Me being adventuresome)

• Naomi ( DW and Me )

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Claire ( DW )

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Gillian (DW)

• Savannah ( DW )

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
You guys reminded me of another one - Missy.

I don't think she's ever been to Missoula - but I could be wrong.

heh heh heh heh - Soo:confused: Do the poll but "MOM" gets the final say so?

Well, it's like this, the ER board is Congress, but DW is the President (i.e. veto power). :)

So can we override her with a supermajority? Or can we filibuster? (Like that would be a problem with the gabbers on here...)

And what does that make you, the First Lady?

Sorry, I guess that was a bit obvious. ;)

Cool Dood said:
So can we override her with a supermajority? Or can we filibuster? (Like that would be a problem with the gabbers on here...)

I think we could get a supermajority for "Darth Vader". :D

Cool Dood said:

MR. First Lady to YOU, sir!
sgeeeee said:
I think we could get a supermajority for "Darth Vader". :D

Uh oh...

Laurence said:
No, she was with me setting this up! We are really stuck, and believe me, if "Darth Vader" wins as a write in, this vote won't be binding!
Good idea, that was my sister's nickname.

I suggest that Fire be her middle name.

bssc said:
Good idea, that was my sister's nickname.

I suggest that Fire be her middle name.
We can add the middle name with a friendly admendment when we overide the veto. :D :D :D

Hmm...I thought that maybe some non-english translations of "fire" might produce an interesting sounding name, but that looks like a really bad idea...

Results:

Spanish - fuego
Russian - пожар
Portugese - fogo
Italian - fuoco
German - Feuer
French - Le Feu
Dutch - Brand

Not a real winner in the bunch.

If you are concerned at all about her having a very popular name (meaning more than 1 in her class all through school) the top girl names for 2006 were:

1. Emma ( #1 in 2005 too)
2. Madison (3 in 2005)
3. Ava (10 in 2005)
4. Emily (2 in 2005)
5. Isabella (6 in 2005)
6. Kaitlyn (4 in 2005)
7. Sophia (5 in 2005)
8. Olivia (7 in 2005)
9. Abigail (11 in 2005)
10 Hailey (13 in 2005)

The Social Security Administration keeps records of baby names each year. For myself, I always hated it when there was another Tracy in my class...but it didn't happen very often!

Some mom yells "Kaitlin!" or "Madison!" at the playground and five kids' heads turn on a swivel... :p

Trufuby. Short for trust-fund baby.

Hey, when does the voting end? I want to cast the tie-breaking vote.

Hmmm, well we planned on sitting down with the names this weekend and see if we could come to a decision, so I'll just say midnight tonight ( 9 p.m. west coast).

Tracy42 said:
If you are concerned at all about her having a very popular name (meaning more than 1 in her class all through school) the top girl names for 2006 were:

1. Emma ( #1 in 2005 too)

The frustrating thing about the name "Emma" is that DW's grandma is named Emma, so we feel like we would have had a legitimate right to name our daughter Emma, but no.... all these other yahoos have overused the name! :)

Sooooo.......what's it going to be? We have a tie!

Meadbh said:
Sooooo.......what's it going to be? We have a tie!

I think an amalgamation of the three winners is in order: Grolem.

Eeep! Golum's sister? My precious!

Erg, I didn't get the poll to close, but I have a screen capture of current vote totals, looks like Grace jumped out at the last second (probably happened after my intended cutoff, but I can't prove it). DW and I haven't had a chance to study the results. We went just finished picking up all the parts of Tori's new room (she's getting kicked out of her current room, that way we only have to redo one room). Interesting that DW's favorites all made the top 5....

UPDATE: So DW and MIL are BOTH warming up quite a lot to the name Olivia Grace (Grace being the middle name). Obviously, something might change, but we look like we might have a winner ( I kinda like it, too.). Wow, and they are actually two of the most popular names!

Laurence said:
UPDATE: So DW and MIL are BOTH warming up quite a lot to the name Olivia Grace (Grace being the middle name). Obviously, something might change, but we look like we might have a winner ( I kinda like it, too.). Wow, and they are actually two of the most popular names!
Looks like it's time for the Darth Fire Vader veto overide. Someone start a poll. :D

I like Olivia Grace, by the way. :)

I really like the name Olivia Grace. It has a nice flow to it.

Back
Top Bottom