Poll for Naming my Daughter

O.K., so this is a non-binding vote, but this is what DW and I narrowed it down to, credit is given

• Emilie (Nords)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amelia (Alex)

• Grace ( Coach )

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Madeleine ( Coach )

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Chloe ( Payin the Toll)

• Julianna (shiny )

• Natalie ( J-Lu)

• Analise ( Sheryl )

• Adrianne ( Jane Doe )

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Cassandra ( Zipper )

• Clarissa ( Siv)

• Julianna ( My Dear Wife )

• Caitlin ( jj )

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Katherine ( jj )

• Elizabeth ( jj and Me)

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Olivia ( jj & DW – seconded by mountaintosea and Meadbh )

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Mallory ( Unclemick2)

• Emma

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Melenie ( DW )

• Trinity ( Me being adventuresome)

• Naomi ( DW and Me )

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Claire ( DW )

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Gillian (DW)

• Savannah ( DW )

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

laurence

Moderator Emeritus
Multiple spellings are being considerd for some names. We've now looked at at least 2000 names, excluded those of people we know that, while we like them just fine, would be weird to name them in common (hey coworker I see every day....although my lead's name is Victoria and also goes by Tori). I already know who the front runners are, but let's see if some lurkers turn the tide! :)

Is it too late to add more voting options? How about Darth Vader?

My pick, Julianna, is on there twice - maybe that's because its such a great choice!

Your wifes gonna kill you if she finds out that you're trying to pick a name based on an early retirement forum poll... :LOL:

shiny said:
My pick, Julianna, is on there twice - maybe that's because its such a great choice!

Doh! I'll just add the votes later.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Your wifes gonna kill you if she finds out that you're trying to pick a name based on an early retirement forum poll... :LOL:

No, she was with me setting this up! We are really stuck, and believe me, if "Darth Vader" wins as a write in, this vote won't be binding!

Seriously, it's for fun, but also to help us narrow down to a few choices. We keep going, "well, this name is nice too...."

Laurence said:
No, she was with me setting this up!
Nah, we think you're into your third or fourth frosty beverage, you're being blamed for getting her into this entire situation and you need to come up with a quick answer to redeem yourself to her good graces, and when you wake up you're going to announce "Hey, honey, I just found some great names on the Internet!"

Nords said:
Nah, we think you're into your third or fourth frosty beverage, you're being blamed for getting her into this entire situation and you need to come up with a quick answer to redeem yourself to her good graces, and when you wake up you're going to announce "Hey, honey, I just found some great names on the Internet!"

Hey! I shouldn't have told you that's my MO! If it works for investment planning, why not child naming? When I came to this board, my portfolio was something like 70% large cap growth. :eek:

I'll only vote if you promise to actually give her the winning name ;)

I voted already....

BUT, what would you give for her middle name:confused:? I ask because the initials are important as well.... so, you have to cough up your last name initial!!!

You might want to stay away from DOH, ASS, TIT, FCK, and many others...

How's about Kelli? Meet my daughters, Tori and Kelli. Nice ring... 8)

HFWR said:
Meet my daughters

"Now avert your eyes in under 4 seconds and if you so much as make casual contact with either of them for any reason, I have a gun and a shovel and nobody will miss you much..."

Whoo am I glad we had a boy...

The DW and I were working on Jillian, since we sure we were having a wee lass.

But, alas, the DS made an appearance and left us without suitable male name........ ooops.

So now we just call him "hey you" ;)

My parents called me Houdini for a while. Apparently it came from having gotten out of the canvas bag when my dad was teaching me how to swim.

Hmm, not a clear concensus, all over the place! We'll pool the finalists with more than 3 or 4 votes in a day or so and then announce our decision. :)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Whoo am I glad we had a boy...
Well, daughters may be God's punishment to fathers who used to be teenaged boys, but wait'll Gabe starts driving!

He already is. Drives my rav4 around the circle out front sitting in my lap and when he outgrew his 2.5MPH electric car he got one of these:

0005074356288_500X500.jpg

Drove it around the neighborhood half the afternoon yesterday with a huge **** eating grin on his face. Wait until he figures out how to shift it from the 2.5mph speed to the 5mph speed.

Heck of a workout running along side it too...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
He already is. Drives my rav4 around the circle out front sitting in my lap and when he outgrew his 2.5MPH electric car he got one of these:

0005074356288_500X500.jpg

You already teaching him how to pick up chicks? :eek:

Thats just a promo photo off the walmart site...i'll get some with him in it...maybe a video...his is red.

He's got no trouble picking up the chicks without a car. As soon as we get to the playground or the mall theres always 3-4 little girls that lock onto him.

Laurence...keep the girls in the southern part of the state and i'm sure it'll work out fine. ;)

So far what he finds most amusing is to throw it in reverse and back into my car.

It also came with a cell phone and the first thing he did upon getting into the car was grab it up, hold it to his ear, start jabbering and hit the gas. :cell:

If it helps to see what kind of name she looks like (e.g. you look like an Emma!):

BabyWilliamson230JAN2007-1.jpg

the 4D imaging stuff is kinda freaky. She's sleeping with her arm in front of her.

Laurence said:
the 4D imaging stuff is kinda freaky. She's sleeping with her arm in front of her.

Greta (Garbo): "I want to be alone"

Well Heck . . . I would have suggested a name myself if I'd known we were gonna get to vote. Have you considered sgeeeee? It could be a girl's name too. :LOL:

You mean you're NOT a girl?

All that flirting gone to waste...three years of my life...down the drain!

Back
Top Bottom