Poll: Home WiFi Use

How long is your home WiFi router on per day (NOT your WiFi usage)?

• More than 12 hrs/day on average

Votes: 219 94.4%
  • 6-12 hrs/day

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 3-6 hrs/day

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • minimal-3 hrs/day

• zip-zilch-nada

• Total voters
[-]1 Ooma for phone service[/-] I have an IP phone so thats something
[-]1 desktop[/-] haven't had one of those in a decade
1 laptop - Yes ! I have one of those
[-]2 iPhones[/-] 2 dumb phones
1 iPad ---- ok, I have an Android tablet
[-]1 wireless printer/scanner[/-] I'm waiting for my wired printer to die but it lives on and on !
1 Smart TV
1 Kindle ! (I forgot about that and cam back to add it in)

I feel technologically behind after reading some of the other lists, must be time for a new gadget!

I'm even more technologically behind but I do have a smart TV, and some day I'll actually figure out how to use all the "smart" features it has !

WiFi router is on 24/7

Last edited:
I'm even more technologically behind but I do have a smart TV, and some day I'll actually figure out how to use all the "smart" features it has !

WiFi router is on 24/7

I just bought my first smart tv on Thanksgiving getting a 65 in Vizio for $648. Very pleased with it. The tv forced me to set up all the smart features... I haven't bothered to push any of the smart feature buttons yet to see if they even work. Needless to say I didn't buy it for those features. I could see someone asking me a year from now about them and I would say, "I guess they work, I haven't checked yet".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just bought my first smart tv on Thanksgiving getting a 65 in Vizio for $648. Very pleased with it. The tv forced me to set up all the smart features... I haven't bothered to push any of the smart feature buttons yet to see if they even work. Needless to say I didn't buy it for those features. I could see someone asking me a year from now about them and I would say, "I guess they work, I haven't checked yet".

I didn't use any of the smart features on my smart tv at all, until F wanted to share his Netflix account with me. It was very simple to do with no additional hardware or fuss, so that was an advantage. But for the most part, I'd just as soon have a stupid tv as a smart one.

That was a terrific deal for a 65" tv. I have a 58" tv and IMO the bigger the better. (edited to add: when it comes to TVs, that is! :LOL:)

Last edited:
Bought the 65" TV, now deciding where to put it.

Attachments

• Tiny-House.jpg
    Tiny-House.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 9

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 75
I think it was Gallagher who said, "I turned the brightness knob on my TV up but it didn't work!" :LOL:

"They should put an intelligence knob on TVs; they have a brightness control, but it doesn't work..."

My reply: the intelligence control is labeled "off"...

Back
Top Bottom