Poll: How many Christmas trees in your house?

Trees

• None

Votes: 46 37.7%

Votes: 52 42.6%

Votes: 16 13.1%

Votes: 6 4.9%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
On a lighter note, how many Christmas trees are up in your house now? Even count the small ones you have in the kid's rooms.

And don't count the old one that's up in the attic still in the box (unless you are getting it out by tomorrow).:(

Last edited:

If you have more than one how does Santa know which one to leave the presents under.

I grew up with one fresh cut tree... and that's what I do now. No artificial tree... no multiple trees.... I wonder if it's a regional thing? Everyone around me (local) has only one tree. (Although there are lots of artificial trees.)

Just 1.

I have a 2.5 foot real Alberta spruce in a pot. I put a small string of lights on it, some faux starfish, and 1 candy cane. I was too lazy to go up into the attic and get the usual xmas decorations. Maybe next year. ;)

I did string some blue icicle lights across my fireplace mantle. I decorated that string with some curled thin ribbon to make it sparkly. :D

Zero. I'm an atheist (born Jewish), so Christmas means nothing to me and never meant anything to me. It's someone else's holiday when everything is closed except movie theaters and kosher delis in Jewish neighborhoods.

Just 1 - a 7 footer - a noble fir tree, I think

I needed to downsize from my large artificial tree last year (no young folks around for the heavy lifting anymore). Have too many ornaments for a small tree, so bought two skinny ones to go on either side of the TV. Also have a 2-foot mini tree in the living room - it was our only tree when we lived in Germany and came back to the US for the holidays.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

0. This year I am away from home so have minimal Christmas decoration up. I live in a condo where live trees are verboten because of the fire risk. Even if I could put up a real tree, I would not do so. I don't like the idea of killing a perfectly healthy tree just to hang tchotchkes on it for a couple of weeks. I don't like artificial trees and have never had a Christmas tree in my home, ever. When I first bought a house in 1991, there was a nice blue spruce about 4' tall in the front yard and I put outdoor lights on it. It was very pretty. That became impractical as the tree grew. By the time I sold the house 20 years later, my "Christmas tree" was 50' tall!

This year one. Most years we are easily over 6 and all 3ft or larger.

I think I am over that faze though, to much work. Just not sure to do with all of that stuff................

Just one. Don't want to confuse Santa.

I put 5, but 4 are 20" lighted ceramic trees--this collection started because my mom bought my grandmother one when she was in a nursing home, and I inherited it. Also have a 6'+ Douglas Fir that I did in all red lights and balls. Guess they call them firs because all they do is shed (it's terrible), despite giving the thing 1 1/2 quarts of water every day. May have to take it down before New Years the way it's shedding.

It's all fun and games until January 4.

I "envy" the folks with the beautiful displays, until I'm watching the NFL playoffs on Sunday, January 4, while my neighbors are out on their ladders on the last day of their vacations.

I "envy" the folks with the beautiful displays, until I'm watching the NFL playoffs on Sunday, January 4, while my neighbors are out on their ladders on the last day of their vacations.

When we did the full monty we started on Halloween and did not get it all down until February. We did unplug after Jan 1 though.

We got rid of our two trees when we downsized. We do have an 18" purple lighted tree, but I'm not sure that should count as a tree:D

Zero. I'm an atheist (born Jewish), so Christmas means nothing to me and never meant anything to me. It's someone else's holiday when everything is closed except movie theaters and kosher delis in Jewish neighborhoods.

You missed the great relationship between Jews (former or current) and Chinese. Visiting Chinese restaurants on Christmas is a great Jewish tradition. It's a bit of fun ethnic history that readers here might find interesting. Why Do American Jews Eat Chinese Food on Christmas? - The Atlantic

Zero for me, but not because of relilgious or non-religious reasons. Just because only DW and me and no visitors. I do put lights up on the house though. We do celebrate Christmas, but without a tree in the house.

I voted zero. I must have at least 100 small evergreens growing now surrounding my motor home. They are about a foot tall and less. There was a major fire through here about a dozen years ago and the evergreens are just starting to come back. There just is not the room for a tree inside. Hopefully, next year I will be in my house and there will be a tree.

1, unless you count the one on my childhood Christmas stocking too. Brought it up from the basement, took the sheet off, plugged it in - and in less than 5 minutes, et voilà, it's Christmas!

There are also 2 little ones outside, but the OP stipulated "in your house."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Two - one in the front window and an old artificial tree we've had since 1979 with all the special occasion and hand made ornaments we collected while the kids were growing up.

I was going to say none for this year...we were going to be out of town, but plans changed and we are staying home.

When I asked my teenage boys if we should just do without a tree this year, I got the 'are you crazy' look - so we got a small tree this time.

We just do the one tree - it brings a festive feel to the house.

No kids in the house, no entertaining, live alone, and don't exchange gifts, so no tree! No Christmas decorations, either.

It's not that I don't enjoy other peoples' decorations; I just don't see the need to do it myself. I have wonderful memories of Christmases past, and I don't seem to need the creation of more lovely Christmas memories for some reason.

All of this leads to a remarkably stress free holiday season. Others may stress out with entertaining, preparations, shopping, decorating, and cooking, but I can just sit back and enjoy the peace and serenity that surrounds me in my own home.

Oh, and BTW, we are agnostic and not brought up Jewish, but often we enjoy eating out at Chinese restaurants on Christmas, too. I think they get a lot of business on Christmas.

When we did the full monty we started on Halloween and did not get it all down until February. We did unplug after Jan 1 though.

People take their Christmas lights down? We unplug first week in January but if we get a significant snowfall in Jan or Feb, they come back on to help cheer everyone up - and because they looks so good covered in snow. Anything on the upper eaves gets to stay up unless I am feeling really ambitious in May or it's time to change something.

One big tree. 8+ noble fir. Impressed that it is drinking almost a gallon of water a day this year. Trying to figure out what I did right.

Back
Top Bottom