Post Pictures of your HD TV Setup

MikeD

Full time employment: Posting here.
I got idea for this thread from the thread about the size restriction on the width of the TV relative to the width of the stand.

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/a-man-question-63886.html

We had ours professionally installed as we are in the process of making our house more enjoyable and wanted to get a really nice looking result and I am not, by any means, a craftsman. I understand all the technical fine points and procedures but am not capable of doing them. I certainly can appreciate craftsmanship when I see it. We had a smallish CRT TV and a standard definition DirecTV satellite receiver with Tivo before. Due to my difficulty in learning new things we went with the same receiver only in high def. We are going to repaint the whole first floor walls and ceiling, got a rug for the room the TV is in for sound improvement, and are about to get a whole house generator. We want to really enjoy staying home together with all the fancy stuff we formally went without. We also had 16 "iffy" trees near our house and barn cut down. Everytime there is any large amount of wind, ice, or snow we get all worried. Now we will be ready for a blackout during a snowstorm this winter!

Mike D.

Attachments

• HDTVHiddenWires.jpg
    HDTVHiddenWires.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 24
  • HDTVHanging.jpg
    HDTVHanging.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 24
  • HDTVFinalResult.jpg
    HDTVFinalResult.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 27
Here ya go. Eddie watching Harry Potter :)

Attachments

• DSC00138.jpg
    DSC00138.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 27
Here is mine, which I posted earlier in that other thread:

8226800893_518de96a1e_z.jpg

Not professionally installed :). The placement of the speakers is far from ideal but we make do (the system was setup nicely when we lived in our house but space and other restrictions in our current rental apartment force us to compromise). All the wires are routed behind the subwoofer so as to keep them out of view. The baskets at the bottom hide the extension cords. We got rid of our DVD player when we downsized. We now use the small and inconspicuous AppleTV on top of the cable box to stream movies from our iTunes library.

The TV is on the mount that came with it. Being in California, it has earthquake strapping in the back (that came with the unit I think). The interior cabinet holds the components. There are some nifty light relays I picked up from Amazon for around $40 that allows our remotes to work from a dining table about 30 feet back.

29db5au.jpg

The TV is on the mount that came with it. Being in California, it has earthquake strapping in the back (that came with the unit I think). The interior cabinet holds the components. There are some nifty light relays I picked up from Amazon for around $40 that allows our remotes to work from a dining table about 30 feet back.

29db5au.jpg

Wow. Beautiful Lsbcal:) Looks like a showroom!

We also had 16 "iffy" trees near our house and barn cut down. Everytime there is any large amount of wind, ice, or snow we get all worried. Now we will be ready for a blackout during a snowstorm this winter!

Hurricane Katrina (2005) knocked one of my three trees onto my roof. It also weakened the my largest tree so that it finally fell down and took out my fence during Hurricane Gustav (2008). The third tree was smaller but way too close to my house for comfort. So, I had it removed. The peace of mind is worth it. Sure, I love trees, and I can go and see other peoples' trees any time I want without endangering my home. :D

Nice TV set-ups shown, thus far! Here's mine, again. Not professionally installed, obviously; I just told the deliverymen from Best Buy to put it on the table and that was that. There is plenty of room behind the TV for wires and components, and I love the great ease of accessibility to all the wires, components, and connections, without really having to look at them on a daily basis.

Attachments

• TV from the left2.jpg
    TV from the left2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 17
  • TV from the right2.jpg
    TV from the right2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Oh Jeez. Our TV looks so small!

Home Theater #1 (7.1 system with 60 inch TV)

Attachments

• 105_0560.jpg
    105_0560.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 105_0557.jpg
    105_0557.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 36
  • 105_0558.jpg
    105_0558.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
DH has been lusting over flat screen tvs lately. The tv we have now is 57".

I think a flat screen would look nicer than the 'boat' we have now; except I know we'll keep the speakers. We have six of them...DH says they're needed for his 'blow stuff up' movies. :rolleyes:

image-494923624.jpg

We have a 46" HDTV, which seems small when talking about 60".

:clap:

From the other thread, my setup after designing (not making) the table and floating shelves.

[/ATTACH]

Very nice! In my home, the floating shelves would have to be empty. They are purr-fect cat perches:D

Nice. What speakers do you have?
They're McIntosh ML-1Cs. I bought the speakers and the MC 2100 amp back in 1971. The amp was refurbished by the factory a couple of months ago and I replaced the woofer surrounds about 3 months ago. They still sound as good as new. I saved for a long time to afford that equipment and caught a lot of flack for spending $1200 on it but, it was well worth it as far as I'm concerned; they've served me well for 40 years.

Last edited:
Regarding speakers, when Dgf (had 2 wives - shut off) and I set up the TV, we liked the sound that came with it so we were hesitant to open the Bose box for a few days. When we did - well .... we didn't know what we were missing. <--- Now loving those Bose speakers ! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom