Potential NFL Hall-of-Famers

redduck

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
There seems to be many current or recently retired great NFL players (and coaches) who will be/should be/or will have at least a reasonable chance to make it into the NFL Hall of Fame. Others, if they can continue to play at or near their current level have a shot of getting in. Names? I'll start.

Drew Brees gets in the moment he's eligible.

Gronk may have a shot, probably a very good shot, especially if he can put together what would be considered 2-3 typically good years for him. When healthy, dominant at his position.

Eli Manning? Not sure.

How about the potentially best QB of all time - Tom Brady.

...you never know for sure:

older player that had all the stats/Pro Bowls ( 7 in ten years of play!) but isn’t in: Randy Gradishar

Randy Gradishar | American Football Database | FANDOM powered by Wikia

I recalled the name and looked him up: quite the career: 5 straight years as an All-Pro selection and winning Defensive Player of the Year once. Maybe this photo kept the HOF voters from taking him seriously.

GradRa00_2017.jpg

....Eli Manning? Not sure.

How about the potentially best QB of all time - Tom Brady.

Since you mentioned those two, here's my idea for a PPV event a la The Match: Tiger vs Phil..... Manning and Brady in a 40 yard dash :LOL: ... I'm guessing that loads of people would be willing to ante up [-]$20[/-] 20 cents to watch it.

Seriously though, I can't imagine what Brady's kids were thinking a couple weeks ago when he actually caught the pass but then tripped over his on two feet a couple yards shy of the first down... I'm guessing that they buried their faces in their hands and said to themselves... "Oh, Dad... that is so embarassing!"

Since you mentioned those two, here's my idea for a PPV event a la The Match: Tiger vs Phil..... Manning and Brady in a 40 yard dash :LOL: ... I'm guessing that loads of people would be willing to ante up [-]$20[/-] 20 cents to watch it.

Wow, you've got a promoter's instinct. Do people constantly confuse you with being Don King? Anyhow, for sure I'd kick in 20 cents to watch it. A forty yard dash(?) should take at least a minute (or two). Good value for the money.

You're a Patriot fan: Does Gronk have a good shot at making the HOF?

You're a Patriot fan: Does Gronk have a good shot at making the HOF?

If he retires at the end of next season when his contract ends then he would be very borderline. He has had a lot of injuries and not a lot of games for someone to make the HOF. He's a really good TE but I think he needs a couple more seasons after this contract to solidify his HOF induction.

re: Gronk
He's a really good TE but I think he needs a couple more seasons after this contract to solidify his HOF induction.

I pretty much agree about his needing a few more season.

How about Jason Whitten? He played for 15 years. Eleven of Pro Bowls. Two first team All-Pro; two second team All-Pro.

re: Gronk

I pretty much agree about his needing a few more season.

How about Jason Whitten? He played for 15 years. Eleven of Pro Bowls. Two first team All-Pro; two second team All-Pro.

He may not be first ballot but he should get there.

Eli Manning is a perfect example of SB rings vs personal stats. Which is more hall of fame worthy?

Eli Manning is a perfect example of SB rings vs personal stats. Which is more hall of fame worthy?

I would be fine with Eli getting the nod. Sure he has a lot of interceptions and his completion % is not very good but he is 6th all time in yards, has two SB rings, and started the second most consecutive games in league history. He was a leader and took the team to multiple SBs with minimal help.

What about Ben Roethlisberger?

Frank Gore and Adrian Petersen should both make it in when they decide to retire.

If he retires at the end of next season when his contract ends then he would be very borderline. He has had a lot of injuries and not a lot of games for someone to make the HOF. He's a really good TE but I think he needs a couple more seasons after this contract to solidify his HOF induction.

+1 I would need to see his stats vs other HOF tight ends but I'm skeptical that Gronk's career to date rises to HOF level.

What about Ben Roethlisberger?

Frank Gore and Adrian Petersen should both make it in when they decide to retire.

I would think that all three definitely get in. Running backs aren't supposed to play for nearly as long and as well as Gore and Peterson have. And, regarding Ben: I'm sure he is the all-time NFL leader in concussions, receiving most of his concussions before the league officially started counting them.

Philip Rivers? No Super Bowl Rings but longevity and 6th on the touchdown passing list. Also has eight children with the same wife.

How about Andy Reid? Very high up on the "win" list.

+1 I would need to see his stats vs other HOF tight ends but I'm skeptical that Gronk's career to date rises to HOF level.

To date, Gronk is not HOF IMO. He needs to cross over 10,000 yards to be in contention. He's not even at 8,000 yet.

I would think that all three definitely get in. Running backs aren't supposed to play for nearly as long and as well as Gore and Peterson have. And, regarding Ben: I'm sure he is the all-time NFL leader in concussions, receiving most of his concussions before the league officially started counting them.

Philip Rivers? No Super Bowl Rings but longevity and 6th on the touchdown passing list. Also has eight children with the same wife.

How about Andy Reid? Very high up on the "win" list.

Rivers is likely. Coaches are harder to grade.

OK, got to watch a movie with the duchess of redduck. But, I much rather be doing this.

So when are the teams' cheerleaders going to get a shot at the HOF? I mean...come on.....it's got to be in someone's thinking!:popcorn:

(Ever see the Dallas Cheerleaders?) ...Wow!

So when are the teams' cheerleaders going to get a shot at the HOF? I mean...come on.....it's got to be in someone's thinking!:popcorn:

By the time they’re eligible (mandatory waiting period after final year) it just wouldn’t be the same. Although it gives a whole new meaning to getting a bust in Canton

By the time they’re eligible (mandatory waiting period after final year) it just wouldn’t be the same. Although it gives a whole new meaning to getting a bust in Canton

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Did you two guys team up on this:confused:?

Larry Fitzgerald for sure.

What does JJ Watt need to do to get in (or has he done enough)? (3X defensive player of the year).

Now I gotta' go back and watch another Episode of "White Queen." Definitely not a HOF series.

Larry Fitzgerald for sure.

What does JJ Watt need to do to get in (or has he done enough)? (3X defensive player of the year).

Now I gotta' go back and watch another Episode of "White Queen." Definitely not a HOF series.

Larry is a given. JJ needs to finish his contract which is three more seasons after this one. That will give him 11 years. That would be enough if he continues as he has been but his current 8 years is not enough IMO.

Okay so where does Aaron Rodgers fall into the mix?

Okay so where does Aaron Rodgers fall into the mix?

He would be in if he retired today. He should have several more years to play and will probably end up being considered top 5 ever by most people. Too bad he didn't have more help around him.

Back
Top Bottom