Predictions

2009 to 2014
Both my kids will move out and be able to support themselves with their Masters Degrees.
My investing skills acquired during the 08/09 recession will have made my IRA a multi million dollar account.
Pickens Plan will create a new modestly priced windmill that homeowners can afford to buy and electric cars will be able to have a 500 mile range.
Congress will vote themselves a pay decrease.
Real Estate will have stabalized and the FIRE wannabe's will be migrating to smaller homes.
Social Security will become financially sound due to increased time unprepared boomers who are over consumers will be staying in the work force.
Minimum down payments on homes will be 25%.
Credit Cards and HELOCS will become non-existent.
LBYM will create a nation of savers with memories of the 08/09 meltdown.
Exec Comopensation will be a modest multiple of avg worker comp mandated by shareholders.

arabian states will contract israel's hel yam to defend oil tankers from somalian pirates.

You can't be serious! The older of the two Obama daughters is only ten, and the younger is barely school age.

i have no idea when might occur the second mccoming of mccain. perhaps if you restricted your presumptions of timing to your own mcposts...

McCain will die within the next four years, reincarnating as obama's first grandchild.
You can't be serious! The older of the two Obama daughters is only ten, and the younger is barely school age.
(snip) i have no idea when might occur the second mccoming of mccain. perhaps if you restricted your presumptions of timing to your own mcposts...
I admit that I have always supposed that reincarnation means immediate rebirth into another body. However, if delays in the soul's return to earth are said to occur, I apologize and withdraw the comment.

• The stock market will have made a dramatic recovery by Sept 2009.

I'll buy you a beer if it happens.
img_750530_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

- Stock market drops to 6,500 then steadily climbs to 14,000 by 2012
- Housing values stabilize in 2009 then show 8% annual increases
- Obama girls promote the adoption of shelter animals and spay/neuter programs
- Cute Fuzzy Bunny makes a triumphant return

• McCain will die within the next four years.
  • Oil will go above $150/barrel within three years.
  • There will be a major US earthquake before 2015.
  • GM's Chevy Volt will be a top selling car, even if GM goes under.
My prediction (singular - winner take's all):

within the next four years - John McCain will be run over and killed by his own Mother. She was fleeing a major US earthquake at the time, driving a Chevy Volt (built by Honda after they bought it out from GM), which she purchased with her stock market profits in the big Sept 2009 Bull Market (paid more than sticker, due to high demand), to avoid high gas prices which had returned after oil rose above $150/barrel.

Seems clear to me :rolleyes:

-ERD50

Cute Fuzzy Bunny will become a gazillionaire trading (what else?) pork bellies.

Want2Retire will change her name to FinallyRetired

Unclemick will forget to put a "heh heh heh" in one of his posts

Hankster will change his stupid emu avatar

Nords will become World Surfing Champion

Dawg will add thick foam padding to his interior walls

:D

McCain genes too good to die.
Whats your thought process on this prediction considering his mom is still alive?
I would guess 5 years in a prison with regular beatings doesn't help long life span.
My thinking is that a presidential campaign is just too grueling for a 72-year-old body, no matter how good the genes. Add to that the disappointment of not winning, and the sudden lack of a future to-do list item that's in the same league as "become leader of the free world."
Jerry Coffee (another Vietnam POW) had a heart attack in 2006 during his political campaign. When he wrote about his recovery, he mentioned that the Vietnam-era POWs are off the charts for cardiac issues.

Besides, any beneficial potential of McCain's genes was pretty much neutralized by his midshipman & aviator lifestyle...

Nords will become World Surfing Champion
I appreciate the sentiment, but that's not why I surf!

I was looking to see whether people made year end predictions for 2009 and found this thread. Good job Al on the stock market call. The rest, you still have time. :)

Sarah Palin will ghost write a best seller and first dude will be caught in a compromising position with a snowmobile saleswoman .

Glad you revived this thread . Looks like I was at least 50% right for 2009 and maybe more .:)

Only one wrong so far.

• After reaching Mars, we will decide that further space exploration will be done by robots, who will come to be thought of as our evolutionary successors.

Back
Top Bottom