Predictions

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
  • McCain will die within the next four years.
  • Oil will go above $150/barrel within three years.
  • There will be a major US earthquake before 2015.
  • The stock market will have made a dramatic recovery by Sept 2009.
  • GM's Chevy Volt will be a top selling car, even if GM goes under.

You mean he's only 40% right?

Less than average?

Naaah, say it ain't so!!!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sarah Palin will ghost write a best seller and first dude will be caught in a compromising position with a snowmobile saleswoman .

Love them all except the first and last.

McCain genes too good to die.

Volt--Once again the importers will emerge as the winners.

I thought about this for a while.
Not sure you would want to hear mine.

:(

Last edited:
I predict my investments are doing much better in 2007, than they will in 2008.

Oh, cr*p! I'm a year behind in my predictions again! At least I know I'm 100% right for a change! :D

Whats your thought process on this prediction considering his mom is still alive?

I would guess that Al is thinking that McCain's mom didn't have the same type of life as he did. I would guess 5 years in a prison with regular beatings doesn't help long life span.

2009-2010
1. Muslim terrorist attack on US soil to test Obama.
2. DJIA over 10,000
3. Major earthquake in CA
4. -2- US car companies
5. Congresssional gridlock
6.-2- Obama administration scandals.
7. US leads world economy out of recession
8. Regional housing mini-booms
9. -1- airline bankruptcy
10 Oil at $90

• McCain will die within the next four years.
  • Oil will go above $150/barrel within three years.
  • There will be a major US earthquake before 2015.
  • The stock market will have made a dramatic recovery by Sept 2009.
  • GM's Chevy Volt will be a top selling car, even if GM goes under.
2, 3 & 4 wouldn't surprise me at all and I wouldn't bet on #1. But I would bet against #5. Lutz has reportedly estimated as much as $45,000 for the Volt (which makes it a niche eco-chic purchase for celebrities, not something middle American can afford), but I can confirm $40,000 here:
60 Minutes Oct 5 said:
No one has figured out how to make an electric car cheap. Tesla plans to sell its four-door sedan for $60,000; Lutz at GM wants the Volt to be more of an everyman car.

"I started out very optimistically and said 'I think we can sell this thing for $20,000.' And that turned out to have been, like, one of those 'I wish I hadn't said that.' And then we started hoping for well below 30. And now we're trying to keep it south of 40," Lutz says.

"$40,000 is not an everyman car by any stretch," Stahl remarks.

"That's true," he agrees.

To get buyers, GM will have to sell the car at a loss, which is bad news for a company already burning a billion dollars in cash every month. "I'll tell you what, we can afford a tiny little loss on a car. But we can't afford a $20,000 loss per car. That's just not on," Lutz tells Stahl.
Video here The Race For The Electric Car Video - CBSNews.com

McCain will die within the next four years, reincarnating as obama's first grandchild.
Oil will go above $150/barrel within three years, only to tank again six months later.
There will be a major US earthquake before 2015 in alaska sending a tidal wave which finally reduces real estate prices in hawaii.
The stock market will have made a dramatic recovery by Sept 2009, everyone who jumps aboard loses another 50% in 2010.
GM's Chevy Volt will be a top selling car, even if GM goes under, until a major recall for defective seat belts destroys gm's hard earned reputation.

Might as well get in on the game, since I just woke up unexpectedly:

- Magnitude >8 Earthquake along San Andreas fault around LA, - - Beachfront property buying in Nevada.
- WindPower still sucks in 2015 - not viable $ wise.
- Obama impeached by 2011.
- Dow Jones above 1200 by 2010
- New gas pipeline from North Slope completed by 2015
- Government/Political scandals galore staring mid 2009
- Travel by train still more pleasant but more expensive than flying
- I will never travel by commercial airline- not worth the hassle.
- Camping will always be great fun
- The time for stopping to smell the flowers will always be priceless.
- The joyful and considerate folks of Middle East will continue their adulation of the United States -- Just kidding
grin.gif

I predict that no matter how good it gets, some people will still find something to gripe about.

Elvis shows his face and makes his debut as the new lead singer of "Eddie and the Cruisers" :)

Darkness followed by light.

Whats your thought process on this prediction considering his mom is still alive?

My thinking is that a presidential campaign is just too grueling for a 72-year-old body, no matter how good the genes. Add to that the disappointment of not winning, and the sudden lack of a future to-do list item that's in the same league as "become leader of the free world."

Sarah Palin will ghost write a best seller and first dude will be caught in a compromising position with a snowmobile saleswoman .

Close, I heard she was offered a $7 million advance for her autobiography yesterday.........:eek:

At a global warming convention Al Gore will teach Obama the Macarena, causing Obama's popularity polling to drop 20 points

As umemployment passes 10%, John McCain will announce that the economy is fundamentally sound.

A new ice age will cause ocean levels to drop, confusing both sides debating off shore drilling.

John McCain will attempt to resolve the confusion by announcing the climate is fundamentally sound.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom