Preparing for changes

Nice insulated perspective.
Right. I'd guess they set aside some money for such emergencies and are aiming to turn a negative into a positive.

Last edited:
People traveling thru airports going thru extreme hell. TSA employees calling sick or working for free. 2-3 hours expected time alloted to get to your gate in the airports in my state.

This might be one of those YMMV things. Not sure where in Florida you are but I just breezed though Fort Lauderdale TSA. I was prepared for the worst but had about 4 people ahead of me at 2pm Wednesday . I was shocked!
20190123_143043.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m wondering if anyone has a source for more recent information. Southwest announced the expected financial impact but I’m curious if overall seats per mile or load factors are being affected more broadly.

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/TRAFFIC/

Because it is not lawful. But Congress makes the law. I wouldn't be surprised if bills are introduced to modify appropriation law, perhaps to keep services running at the previous year's funding levels but no new funding till all agree and president signs. Legal scholars may have reasons why even that is not possible, though
Since for past shutdowns Congress has subsequently granted back pay, why not this time simply keep paying the Fed employees normally. Just too bizarre I suppose.

Because it is not lawful. But Congress makes the law. I wouldn't be surprised if bills are introduced to modify appropriation law, perhaps to keep services running at the previous year's funding levels but no new funding till all agree and president signs. Legal scholars may have reasons why even that is not possible, though

That is a continuing resolution. We've had whole years of those in the recent past. I have not followed closely enough to understand why we aren't in one of those this year.

If your passport is due to expire anytime in the near future, it may take longer for your renewal. I wouldn't plan an international trip without a valid passport in my hand.

Just glad its over since we are heading to Panama next week.

Back
Top Bottom