Join Early Retirement Today

Prime Day 2022
Old 07-06-2022, 03:55 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Prime Day 2022

Prime Day 2022 is coming up, July 12-13. I have a couple specific items I am interested in. Is it possible to set up alerts for one item, or possibly a class of items? Is that only possible on the mobile app? The instructions for setting up deal alerts are all very vague.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I use camelcamelcamel. You can add it as a browser plug in so you can see price history of an item while viewing it on Amazon, or I think you can just use their website.

During Prime Day I'll also look at my watch list.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:39 PM   #3

I use camelcamelcamel too, but I don't think it sees all deals - for example, the item I've been watching has a couple of times had "coupons" attached to it, which did not show up on CCC. I'm hoping it comes up for sale on Prime Day.

Also - is a "watch list" the same as a "wish list"? Amazon has so many different classes of deals that it's hard to figure them out. I've had items on a wish list, but does that mean that I will get notified of a drop in price? For that matter, am I notified if a "watch list" item drops in price, or is that only done by CCC and the like?
Old 07-06-2022, 06:00 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I meant wish list, not watch list, sorry. I don't think there's a way to get notified if a wish list item drops in price.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 05:09 AM   #5

Interesting. I just checked my item on Amazon, which was on my wish list, and today I was offered a coupon for a 20% discount. I finally bit and ordered it even though Prime Day is coming (wasn't sure it would be on sale). But - this coupon did NOT trigger a CCC alert, and when I clicked from the CCC site to the item and - no coupon. I loaded the item again separately in Amazon - and again - no coupon.

So, is Amazon flashing occasional extra incentives, just to me, for checking nearly daily? Are the coupons a way of evading CCC and similar low price alerts? I tried using incognito mode - and the coupon appeared. I again tried typing the search terms directly into Amazon - and, coupon gone.