Product shortages in your area ?

I think "cat food" was really "chunk light tuna" (human consumption grade) which on sale is about 50 cents a can.

I used to snack on this stuff all the time right out of the can and someone said "you're eating cat food"?

That's about right. I can't stand light tuna. I like the white albacore.

But then we find out light tuna has less mercury. Can't win.

I'm sure that still goes on. Our dog loves these and we buy them by the case for him. He prefers the BBQ flavored ones the best but he'll eat all flavors. I tried one but I guess it's one of those things that's an acquired taste.

th
I liked vienna sausages when I was a kid. Not sure why. Now I get the shivers when I go past them in the grocery store and start walking a little faster. :D

Cheers!

I liked vienna sausages when I was a kid. Not sure why. Now I get the shivers when I go past them in the grocery store and start walking a little faster. :D

Cheers!
I would put the Vienna sausages in the same category as Spam or "potted meat." Ate plenty of it as a kid but I get nauseated thinking about it today, just the thought of that gel sitting on the top of the Vienna sausage can...blah!

Via our community blog site. Several local gas stations are out of fuel. I have 15 gallons stashed in the barn. This is worry some.

^^^^^

I suspect that panic buying and hoarding is contributing to that. Maybe even spring break travelers "sucking" it up too. The US oil storage/supply has been pretty static for the past two months.

Last edited:
2 staples at Costco were out of stock last week. I buy the 3 pack of Orange Juice to mix some daily medicine. Then my partner drinks a protein drink every morning. She buys it by the 24 pack. Both out of stock. The next day we went to a different Costco & picked up 4 cases of the protein drink. But no OJ. I had to go pick up the OJ at the local Kroger

Went to Costco and local grocery store last night.
Costco had two packs of Bounty paper towels left, and about 30 Charmin TP. No Kirkland brand at all.
They were in my list so, I took one of each. thinking maybe Sunday night, just before closing they hadn't't restocked yet?
No shortages noted at the grocery store, but I was there only for fresh veggies, fruit, and some Cesar small pouch dog food, so I buzzed in and out.
Almost everyone still wore masks, as did we (mandate just ended here), except majority of employees at check outs at Costco were without.

I would put the Vienna sausages in the same category as Spam or "potted meat." Ate plenty of it as a kid but I get nauseated thinking about it today, just the thought of that gel sitting on the top of the Vienna sausage can...blah!

I want to know what the good people of Vienna think about our concept of sausages. I enjoy reading blogs of expats who try various "American" foods that have been completely mistranslated in the execution.

After over a month of being out, our local Costco finally got in a shipment of Psyllium Fiber capsules. Before the current shortage, local Costco limited purchases to 1 2-pack of this product. They still ran out. Now that they have been able to restock, they have upped the limit to 3 2-packs. Apparently, they have worked through their supply issues on this product. They seemed to solve their TP shortage issue quite some time ago. Not suggesting any relationship between the two but YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom