Professional "Cake Wrecks"

See? That's why I do all my own baking. :LOL: Most "boughten" cakes taste terrible, too, with two inches of icing that is just Crisco and sugar.

(Actually, we had a good experience with the one professional cake I've ever commissioned - our wedding cake. It was delicious, and the picture we asked them to reproduce on top turned out perfect).

Lol'ing at the Sexual Harrassment one (slide #10). Wow.

Here's a (less funny) one that a buddy of mine received here at work to celebrate obtaining the main license for this career. Notice the spelling.

Fail Cake by SchindersFist

They gotta quit hiring those retired Rocket Scientists to do cake decorating...geesh!:blush:

My dad and I shared a birthday. One year, my aunt ordered a cake for us. But the confectioner was unsure how to spell my (unusual) name. The finished cake said

Happy Birthday to the Twins

It tasted fine!

:LOL:

I think this takes the cake:

cake12.hmedium.jpg

We had just moved from NY to Fl. Daughter’s b’day. Our first celebration in Fl. Impulsively – and at the last minute - we decide to get a frozen ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. Only one left. White icing. Asked them to write a birthday message. Real simple: Happy Birthday Patty.

Pay first. OK. The girl behind the counter (collage age) takes the cake out back. After a long wait she returns, a bit shaken and pale. Looks up at me, smiles weakly, and says

That’s Patty with a P and an H, right?

She had written “Happy Birthday Phatty”. in deep, blood red letters on the bright white icing.

I just looked at her. After a very painful second or two, she says “So, I guess there’s no H in Patty”.

My one-word resposne: “Right”

Well, she immediately offered to remedy. Went back, then returned with “Patty” correctly spelled amidst a big red smear. Looked like someone had tried to rub out a dark red wine stain in a white carpet. But - no more cakes in the freezer, folks at home waiting impatiently – so it went home. She begged me not to call the manager, afraid for her job, and gave me a coupon. A coupon.

The cake was a hit, the story was the highlight of the evening, and it’s still talked about in family get-togethers...

Back
Top Bottom