PSA: Evernote

Luckily, I never used Evernote. And, after this, I doubt if I ever will.

Evernote is a great product. They handled the security problem very well. They were up front about it, and acted quickly to protect their users, IMHO.

Would I store sensitive, private information with any cloud based organization? Only, if I had no choice. But, given the kind of information I have on Evernote, I am not worried.

I am far more worried about organizations that I must give sensitive information to (government, banks, employer, etc.). I have had two situations where I have had to change passwords because of security breaches. And this information was not supposed to be available on the cloud like the information stored using Evernote.

Last edited:
Luckily, I never used Evernote. And, after this, I doubt if I ever will.

I have the opposite response, personally.

Every major company, and the government, has been breached, and will be.

Google. Yahoo. Microsoft. Sony.

If you use the Internet, it happens.

Evernote's response was ideal, IMO, resetting everyone's passwords and immediately alerting their customers. Much better than many companies that try to hush it up or do nothing.

I don't use Evernote much, but I do have an account I created awhile back. Their response to this makes me much more inclined to use and recommend them in the future.

I have the opposite response, personally.

Every major company, and the government, has been breached, and will be.

Google. Yahoo. Microsoft. Sony.

If you use the Internet, it happens.

Evernote's response was ideal, IMO, resetting everyone's passwords and immediately alerting their customers. Much better than many companies that try to hush it up or do nothing.

I don't use Evernote much, but I do have an account I created awhile back. Their response to this makes me much more inclined to use and recommend them in the future.

+1

They handled this situation FAR better than any other company/product I have ever seen with a potential security breach.

I use Evernote a great deal, and find it especially invaluable when traveling. I also thought their quick and useful response to the hack was impressive.

Back
Top Bottom