Putting the dog down

jfn111

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We had to put down our 9 year old Shih Tzu today. We did everything at home and I have to say it was much calmer experience for everyone.
The mobile Vet came to the house and we all sat on the family room floor while she gave her the injections.
Our last dog died at the Vet's office laying on a cold exam table and this was so much better for the dog and us.

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you found a way to make it a peaceful passing.

I'm sorry for your loss. It was the best you could do to have her cared for in her own home. That is what our roommate does, he makes those house calls and sometimes he comes home pretty broken up about some of the cases.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I have family members who have used the "at home" mobile euthanasia option for their furry family members, and they always spoke highly of it.

I am glad you were able to find a peaceful way to say goodbye.

Some vets do a better job. My cat was wrapped in a cozy blanket at least. Sorry for your loss.

The at home thing is good. Never did that. But I was there for the last one and I held her and she was on a blanket on the cart and the vet really cared.

Still sucks, but a dog person has to do what a dog person does. The best for the dogs - :)

I didn't mean to come off as dissing Vet's. I just wanted to say what a more comfortable experience it was having the dog in her own environment surrounded by people and smells she's familiar with.

It's a great service, and the local vets speak highly of them. They do take a lot of load off the offices and everybody involved agrees there is no better way. He works with 4 other vets that have a large service area.

I’m sorry for your loss.
It’s a hard decision but I’m glad you were able to have it done at home.

So sorry for your loss. I agree that doing it with a mobile vet at home is a better experience for the humans and the pet. Still heartbreaking no matter where.

After the vet botched one in the office and my sweet dog suffered I decided that doing it at home was better no matter how it went. Here it costs double but worth every dime. My last 3 dogs passed at home with a very caring vet that does it in people’s homes. I am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet friend.

You will be missing your doggie today, but I hope your wonderful memories will help!

I appreciate everyone's responses. My daughter brought the grandkids over yesterday to say goodbye to the dog and I think everyone's at peace now.
I think we have decided that she was our last dog. Over our 40 years of marriage we have had to plan trips and activities around "pet care" and now were really empty nesters.

Sorry for your loss. At home euthanasia is not an option around here but that would be a nice way to go.

Our vet was as misty eyed as we were when he put down our cat. DW held him in her arms. It was sad but sweet at the same time.

jfn111 you have my sympathy. Your memories will get you through this time of loss.

So sorry for your loss. I am glad that having it done at home made it more peaceful for all involved.

Always tough to lose them but at home is the way to go if possible. My normal vet came to my house for one of my labs a few years ago, and she still offers that option -- much more comfortable for all involved.

Sorry you had to put the pup down, but it sounds like the best way to accomplish it at home. Hard to lose a great friend like that.

VW

Sorry for your loss. We lost two senior dogs last year and it's never easy. I'm going to go hug DW'S Shih Tzu right now.

The loving memories will last through your days. Cherish them.

We were in Europe 3 weeks ago, and got a phone call saying our 8 year old Rottweiler had died while she was in the kennel. She was in good shape when we left, but we don't know if she had a heat stroke or what happened. It's a great kennel, and she's always been well treated there. Needless to say, we're very downhearted.

I appreciate everyone's responses. My daughter brought the grandkids over yesterday to say goodbye to the dog and I think everyone's at peace now.
I think we have decided that she was our last dog. Over our 40 years of marriage we have had to plan trips and activities around "pet care" and now were really empty nesters.

We just went through this experience with our pup a few days ago also. Kids and grands came over beforehand today good bye. We went to the vets office, but he had his bed, blanket and two stuffy toys with him. A quiet, gentle experience.
We, too, think he will be our last one. Slowly getting used to not having him around.

We were in Europe 3 weeks ago, and got a phone call saying our 8 year old Rottweiler had died while she was in the kennel. She was in good shape when we left, but we don't know if she had a heat stroke or what happened. It's a great kennel, and she's always been well treated there. Needless to say, we're very downhearted.

Sorry for your loss, also. Especially as it was unexpected.

Sorry for your loss. Having dogs has been one of the greatest joys in my life. Wishing you peace.

Back
Top Bottom