Question about a very old TV show

Rich

Recycles dryer sheets
Here’s a different one for you all. When I was a kid (early 1950s) I remember watching a daytime TV program, which I believe was called the Maury Amsterdam (sp?) Show. In the show, from time to time, there was a puppet skit called (bear with me here and not sure about spelling) Kapuse the Kid, Inside Outta Space, or some similar name. Can’t find any of the old films of the show on YouTube, just wondering if anyone else in my age group (66 going on 67 years of age) has any memory of the show and that silly little skit? Or, am I delusional?

This is what happens when you have lots of time on your hands…

Rich

Thence to be second banana on the Dick Van Dyke show.

Thanks for the links. I have another recollection of Maury playing a fiddle (cello?), telling one liners and the phrase "yuck a puck" being repeated.

It's the little skit that I'm dying to see. My memory has a little Teddy bear "spaceman" doing silly things. On the other hand, since the last time I saw that show was around 60 years ago, I doubt my own memory.

Does anyone remember if Kapuse the Kid in Inside Outta Space even existed?

Rich

Yuckapuck was the refrain of his theme song. I remember him from the old Ed Sullivan show, sitting on a chair playing his cello (well, a couple of notes now and then) while coming out with a constant stream of one-liners. I believe he actually sang/played a chorus or two of the Yuckapuck song as well. Then he would usually finish his act with a couple of minutes of really good cello playing. Big applause and on to the next act.

Back
Top Bottom