Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGal View Post
I am experimenting (no stats) with using Firefox and IE7 to navigate around the ER forum. Firefox is slower. Today is the first day that I have ever noticed this forum being slow although I have read lots of other posts about the slowness, and then I remembered that I was navigating with Firefox. I opened up IE and was able to move around fine.

Anyone else find Firefox to be slower?
The whole thing has been slow to respond for the last few days.

The difference between Firefox and IE may be that IE has already downloaded all the graphics and uses the ones on your computer while Firefox has to download all of them for the first time while you wait. Mebbe it will get better after a little forum browsing.

Mike D.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #22
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
I'm glad you got it fixed. I'm another Firefox user. I only use IE if a site won't work with Firefox.

Use the extension (add-on) IE Tab https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Easy to use. Go to the website in Firefox and then right click the mouse and select "View page in IE tab"

Boom. No more IE.
Mike1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Mike,

Okay, I downloaded the extension. When I click to view page in IE tab . . . you said "no more IE". What do you mean? When I click the view page in IE tab, I thought that was supposed to switch me from Foxfire to IE?

Sorry, I'm confused.
TexasGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #24
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGal View Post
Mike,

Okay, I downloaded the extension. When I click to view page in IE tab . . . you said "no more IE". What do you mean? When I click the view page in IE tab, I thought that was supposed to switch me from Foxfire to IE?

Sorry, I'm confused.
After you install the extension, I believe you have to close Firefox then re-open Firefox for the extension to become "active"

When you are at a page such as this one and right click to bring up the menu, left click on the "view page in IE tab" entry. It will load the necessary components FROM IE so you are able to view the page properly within Firefox. It will NOT open the IE browser. What it essentially does it make the web page within the Firefox tab IE compatible for viewing in Firefox.
You will see the blue "e" in ONLY the tab that you told it to view in IE environment. Look at the following page and notice how the is in "IE Mode", so to speak. mozdev.org - ietab: index
Notice that then right click menu has changed to the IE version when you selected to view in IE

A site I usually have to work with (View in IE Tab) is my 401K site

Hope this is more clearer.
Mike1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks I appreciate the help. I'll work with it a while and see if I can get comfortable with it.

TG
TexasGal is offline   Reply With Quote