Quote from Christopher Plummer that will make you say "What"

Quote from Christopher Plummer:
"And then they retire and they become vegetables. I think retirement in any profession is death, so I'm determined to keep crackin'."
Since I know everybody on this board thinks the opposite...... just WOW!!!
Heck, if I had his avocation and his assets I'd be that biased too. He has no reason to retire... ever.

From what I've read about other actors, we'll see how Plummer feels in another five years or so when he has trouble memorizing his lines. But if he keeps doing Shakespeare then he can probably even work around that issue.

I think retirement in any profession is death...
I'm glad I never had a "profession" - I only had a job :cool: (and it got me to where I am today)...

Last edited by a moderator:

"And then they retire and they become vegetables. I think retirement in any profession is death, so I'm determined to keep crackin'."

I have known people who believed this to be true. Most of them are still working and will not quit until they are on the verge of death. So for them, this is 100% true, sadly enough. :(

I am pleased that despite the concerns of these people, I am enjoying a happy and active retirement. Off to the gym in a few minutes....

:dance:

People on this forums are living proof that retirement does not equate death... or maybe we are all zombies.:)

I'm glad I never had a "profession" - I only had a job :cool: (and it got me to where I am today)...

HEY!!! Your quote made it look like I said that.... not fair

At 81, Plummer still relishing the actor's life - Yahoo! News

Since I know everybody on this board thinks the opposite...... just WOW!!!

Farmers and family owned businesses(often restaurante and such).

heh heh heh - corporate turds like me? - na, nope, never - unless you count non profit dryer sheet re cyling. :greetings10:

Sorry - maybe one of the mods can correct/add the proper reference (I can no longer edit the post)...

Just pulling your chain :greetings10: But I see a mod did change it.... Thanks..

I wonder if he's ever held an "everyday" type job - instead of acting. I'm sure he'd think differently if he worked away from acting.

I wonder if he's ever held an "everyday" type job - instead of acting. I'm sure he'd think differently if he worked away from acting.

For sure if he worked in my former office:nonono:

I've delivered some of the greatest acting performances of my career... at work.

Yea... that is one of the differences of some top actors.... they get to pick and choose what they want to do and when they want to do it... and get plenty of time off if they wish...

Heck, if I got $1 mill or so a film (to tell the truth, I would do it for less).... I would jump at the chance to do a couple or three a year... most film in a month or so... so two or three months of work and the rest of the time is PLAY....

Back
Top Bottom