Quotes from your favorite movies

Oh yeah---that lamp! That was a riot! Obviously you've seen the film.
When did you last see it? I saw it not more than three weeks ago and had to think for a minute or two to remember. Please tell me you saw it like yesterday so I don't feel that my memory is completely shot!

I'm sorry to say that I saw it in '77. My long term memory is quite good but my short term memory is shot. Also, that's about the only thing I remember from the movie.

Mike D.

"There's nothing like the taste of alcohol in plastic."
(2010)

wow a bunch of ER types and nobody mentions office space:

"I realized this is about more than just me and my dream of doing nothing..."

- John

From What's up, Doc?...

Barbara Streisand: Love means never having to say you're sorry.
Ryan O'Neil: That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"i got 2 things in life...my balls and my word..and i dont break neither of em for nobody"

scarface

Alright...I'll do it......

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?"

And...

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"

And...
"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"

or...

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

I think that's 'a failure to communicate'

I think it's actually "What we have here is 'failure to communicate'..." -- no "a", but either of the proffered quotes seems close enough to me. I love that movie -- full of em : "Shakin' it here boss!" etc. The scripts do call out for the "a" in both instances, but to my ear, Strother Martin does not ever say it. When Luke echoes it back from the church, I think he does add the "a".

I guess one of my own favorites is "That's my bad M.F." from the returning the wallet scene in Pulp Fiction, since sometimes when I walk up to my car I am so tickled to be getting into it, I say that phrase to myself. One of these days, someone will be walking close and think I've lost my mind...

:D

Last edited:
"...and I suppose that was your friend in the chippa' (chipper)?"
Fargo

Oh, yah, yah, dat one one has a ton of good 'uns, uh-yuh:

"So you were having sex with the little fella, then? Is there anything else you can tell me about him?"

"...he was funny-looking. More'n most people even."

wow a bunch of ER types and nobody mentions office space:

"I realized this is about more than just me and my dream of doing nothing..."

- John

he he he

"I wouldn't say I been missin' it, Bob..."

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."

"I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way..." Jessica Rabbit

Back
Top Bottom