Ran the stoves for 10 minutes to test then 48 degrees this morning ... cooler weather

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ran the stoves for 10 minutes to test them -it’s a brisk 48 degrees outside this morning. Went out the door yesterday, 7:15AM sweatshirt over my shoulder and I though Alexa said 60 and immediately thought that can’t be right. I turned mobile data on in the phone and checked It actually was a brisk 50. I keep mobile data off I want any podcast coming from memory. I update the phone from my house internet before I walk.-steaming eats up data usage and we have a family plan. Cool Hand is usually the big user.

I don’t know why but am looking forward to the cooler temperatures. Yesterday I put on my new $14 Costco skinny jeans (down 4 sizes from my high) the high was around 70. Amazingly they fit well. The weigh continues to slowly dissolve. The switch from shorts is usually major thing for me. I am uncomfortable for a few days but this fall I’m fine. I still wear shorts for the exercise walk but I’m guess not for long.

This morning I’ll be sporting a running suit (sweat pants & jacket combo that the Mrs says is 25 years old). I guess I’m not a slave to fashion. Admittedly not long ago it wouldn’t fit. Lol

Care to share your cold weather adjustments?

Last edited:
I woke up earlier than usual this morning because the comforter that I was under no longer provides enough insulation from the lower temperature inside my room. It was 54°F. I too will check out our gas furnace which is pretty old.

With all the natural disasters and covid I am really not looking forward to this winter. No mental preparedness will be enough for staying home until next march.

I just looked out the window, at the sun slowly rising through the trees. I hadn't actually watched the sunrise in awhile now, so it really hit me, just how much further to the south it's coming up.

It also seems this September has been cooler than last year. I went in the pool yesterday, in the middle of the day, but it was definitely chilly. Once my body gets acclimated to it, it's actually quite refreshing, but then when I get out I feel cold. Water temp is still around 75 degrees, but with our nights getting into the low 50s now, that's not going to last. The pool is getting closed down on September 28, but I doubt anybody is going in it any more. We had a couple friends over on Sunday.

Last year, I had it closed on September 23, and I went down the slide as sort of a last hurrah. This time around, I think I'll pass on that.

We have some stray, semi-feral cats that we feed. Either my housemate or I usually feed them first thing in the morning. Normally I'd just walk out in shorts, barefoot, no shirt, but a few days ago, it hit me...it's starting to get chilly!

I just looked out the window, at the sun slowly rising through the trees. I hadn't actually watched the sunrise in awhile now, so it really hit me, just how much further to the south it's coming up.

It also seems this September has been cooler than last year. I went in the pool yesterday, in the middle of the day, but it was definitely chilly. Once my body gets acclimated to it, it's actually quite refreshing, but then when I get out I feel cold. Water temp is still around 75 degrees, but with our nights getting into the low 50s now, that's not going to last. The pool is getting closed down on September 28, but I doubt anybody is going in it any more. We had a couple friends over on Sunday.

Last year, I had it closed on September 23, and I went down the slide as sort of a last hurrah. This time around, I think I'll pass on that.!

It's obvious that changes are coming with the days getting increasingly shorter in September.

I'm with you on the swimming pool getting cooler, and we had our last hoorah in our new pool this past weekend. I've got to get out there and try to capture that one frog that is proving to be difficult to catch.

I was at the lake house yesterday, and the doldrums of Summer have given way to winds coming from a different direction. Until the hurricane effects come on through later this week, we cannot do any more boating. I didn't see the first fisherman out yesterday--a rare thing.

I'm looking forward to some more moderate temperatures in order to complete a long list of "honey do's." Doing hard work in the Mid South temperatures can be pretty miserable. Now it's just time to prioritize what to do first.

This is *perfect* golfing weather for me. Temps between 55 and 75 are great for walking the course.

It is also great for walks and hikes. DW do the majority of our hiking in the fall and early winter. Fewer insects buzzing about is also a plus.

Good times, no worries!

I am looking forward to putting the treadmill away. Living in South Florida July-September is too hot for me to run outside. By October the humidity and heat should break enough to start running outside again. :dance:

One thing that was kind of nice...with the cooler temps today, and everything being kind of damp, I used it as an excuse to break up an old picnic table, throw it in the burn barrel, and light it up. Something that you certainly can't do in a lot of the United States right now!

I also dipped my toes in the pool this morning, got in a bit above the knee. Actually didn't feel bad, but with the water temp being around 75, and air temps in the mid 50's, that might be part of the reason!

It's getting cooler quickly. Last week I brought a hanging planter in because it was going to freeze but now we're getting to the low 40s at night and 70s for the high. Pretty much perfect weather other than the haze.

The trees are starting to turn the next week will be the peak here. We have a gas parlor stove that is used in the morning it quickly takes the chill off and doesn't eat much.

Back
Top Bottom