Recent Threads vs New Posts

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
when I enter early-retirement. org , I end up on a page called Recent Threads. From there, I can click on New Posts and get on a different page.
The 2 pages are different and there is one thread w/ 11K posts on the Recent Threads page which I am sure is not a recent thread. Can someone explain to me what defines what goes on what page?

I guess I am lazy and am looking for new threads/posts and don't want to look at both but that doesn't seem to be possible?

My understanding (may be wrong here): new posts shows you every post you have not seen. First those that were made since your last visit, then those that were made before then and you still haven't seen. Recent threads shows threads that have new posts regardless of whether you have seen them or not. What is recent is not the thread creation but the fact it has recent posts.

The difference: "new threads" may have posts you have seen, while "new posts" will only have posts you have not seen yet.

The thread with 11k posts is sort of an ongoing/permanent thread to share and comment on "what did you do today" and is one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom