Recorder will destroy society

ls99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
According to the NY Times ............. of 1878. Were they the early Luddites?

"THE AEROPHONE.

Something ought to be done to Mr. EDISON, and there is a growing conviction that it had better be done with a hemp rope. Mr. EDISON has invented too many things,..... "

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...le-about-evils-thomas-edisons-aerophone.shtml

"

Thanks to Mr. Edison's perverted ingenuity, this has not only become a literal truth, but every shelf, closet, or floor may now have its concealed phonographic ears. No young man will venture to carry on a private conversation with a young lady, lest he should be filling a secret phonograph...."

Last edited:
It's interesting how all generations (all over the world?) believe they're more enlightened than previous generations. I have no doubt that 136 years from now (or sooner), someone will provide examples of what Luddites we were in 2014...

It's interesting how all generations (all over the world?) believe they're more enlightened than previous generations. I have no doubt that 136 years from now (or sooner), someone will provide examples of what Luddites we were in 2014...

Or perhaps, more importantly, how prophetic the folks were back in 1878. By the way can you spell n s a? As always, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom