Join Early Retirement Today

rent stabalization and rent control
Old 04-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

rent stabalization and rent control

saw a bunch of fellow new yorkers complaining about the next rent increase. where in other walks of life or business is one forced by law to subsidize out of their own pockets someone who cant afford to buy their products goods or services...the answere is no where except in real estate in new york city and all new yorkers suffer because of it..because one chooses to earn a living in real estate they now have to support someone who cant afford to live in a particular area or building by getting below market rates and accepting less for their investments than the markets rate.lets not confuse the fact that someone may live in a building a long time and it has nothing to do with their net worth or income.they are un-related..my wife and i live in a rent stabalized building and enjoy a below market rate..we earn upper middle class incomes and ill be the first one to tell you its not fair that just because my wife lived in the building for 20 years.that we pay a lower rent than others in our building.but its not fair to landlords ,who have every right to* earn a market level income from their business just as you or i do..if the city wants to hold the rent levels artifically low let them put up the buildings and subsidize lower below market rentals out of their pockets...can you imagine going into a grocery store for a quart of milk and telling the store owner i only have a quarter so take it out of your pocket and give me the milk...lets see that happen.every new yorker pays higher rents because of this ..landlords havent built new rentals in years because of it..apartments are stored and passed from parents to kids and never see the open markets.id predict if we did away with rent stabalization and rent control the supply of rentals would drastically increase and rents for all would come down,not just the select few that live in these buildings
mathjak107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: rent stabalization and rent control
Old 04-10-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Mathjak, dude, I don't know if this is a cocktail hour post or not, but it would be a lot more comprehensible if it used an occasional paragraph break, more periods & spaces between sentences, and maybe even a capital letter or two at the start of a sentence.

I'm only bringing this up because I suspect that you have something worthwhile to say. However the impact of posts like this is greatly obscured by their presentation, and none of us are artists like Hemingway or e e cummings...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

i got carried away ha ha ha.....actualy being left handed i find a real pain on a computer keyboard....i kind of loose all the functions like caps and tab as im typing with that one hand....
mathjak107 is online now   Reply With Quote