RIP Alan Young

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Alan Young passed away.

Alan Young, an Emmy Award-winning comic actor best remembered for playing Wilbur, the human sidekick and wonky owner of a talking horse in the 1960s television sitcom “Mister Ed,” died May 19 at the Motion Picture & Television Home in Woodland Hills, Calif. He was 96.

"Mister Ed" is still one of my favorite comedy shows. Plus, "The Time Machine" my favorite sci-fi movie.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...ae8838-1ed4-11e6-8c7b-6931e66333e7_story.html

I had never connected the actor who played Wilber on Mr. Ed to the Filby character(s) in The Time Machine. Both of these titles were also favorites of mine. Thanks for the info.

I had never connected the actor who played Wilber on Mr. Ed to the Filby character(s) in The Time Machine. Both of these titles were also favorites of mine. Thanks for the info.

There's also a sequel (sort of) to the Time Machine where the character played be Rod Taylor goes back in time to meet up again with Filby. I won't give any spoilers in case you want to watch. After all the years, it is fun to see both actors reprise their roles in the classic movie. They are only together for a short time in the "sequel", as this is more actually a narration of the history of The Time Machine, then they are on near the end. Still worth watching.

This follow up is called "Time Machine: The Journey Back starring Rod Taylor & Alan Young".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom